Forums

Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: Collab map  (Read 1483 times)
Offline  X_DIAS
Rocketman

The world is a cube
Already gave up of my jump idea....i'll think of something else.
Btw, i started to name it jump_collab, but i don't really thought of it.

@wonderland

jump_mix would be cool, and if we make a second one we could call it jump_remix xD

Soldier

the person that adds the most recent jump should name it.. and everyone votes on the names as the map gets bigger

Offline  Matti
Fly

soar_a4 is out!
Eh, I like the name jump_affinity but I'm not too bothered what it's called.

I've got a theme idea in mind which I'll try to build a jump around (not the best way of doing things but w/e). Also, people can just make their jumps whenever and just add their jump in whenever the map gets to them rather than waiting to avoid the map getting stuck with one person for too long. As such, there doesn't seem to me to be much difference between passing round a map or everyone sending their jumps into one person who polishes them up, combines them and adds the finishing touches (this person should probes be someone like Drexen who has a good knowledge of hammer).

To be honest, I'd recommend the second way just for simplicity, avoiding issues where people aren't sure who has the current map etc.

In terms of teleporters or physically joined I don't suggest the latter given there is likely to be a wide variety of themes but it's up to you Hadokk, it's your idea :).

Offline  X_DIAS
Rocketman

The world is a cube
Also, another thing...
Why not, each person who contributes, make 2 jumps, using the same theme for both ofc. Demo and Soldier.

Offline  CrancK
Rocketeer

ehh... what?
dude...
how nice does a jump have to look to be accepted?

---------------------------

Offline  Hadokk
Rocketeer

Bball Server Filler Upper
Okay
@CrancK. Make it as ugly/awesome as you like, but if you stay away from dev textures that would be cool. Although if you love dev textures and it's your style then knock yourself out. :)

@Matti. It's true what you say, it's pretty much the same thing, but at the same time you get one person with more responsibility than the others. As long as you only pass on the map to one person it should be fine. We could all look through the map later, when it's "done", and see what needs to be fixed etc. Although if you all think sending to one guy is better that's fine too ofc.

Edit: Don't want to shove this all onto Drexen's shoulders either, but the balances/tweaking and stuff should maybe be done by one person after the first release of the map, so there's another upside with sending it to one guy.

And about the teles/corridors: do whatever. Blending themes might look a bit weird, but it's likely to end up looking weird anyway. It's prolly more simple with teles though, but again do whatever you want with your jump, we're just gonna add all together in a glorious mashed potatoes jump map.
« Last Edit: March 12, 2011, 07:37:09 PM by Hadokk »

Maggot

Raptorbones / Hobbes / Telewizard
My interest has been peaked. I'm in  :P

Offline  Hadokk
Rocketeer

Okay

Offline  CrancK
Rocketeer

ehh... what?
dude...
well, it is already my best looking jump ever ^^, and vcool to do

btw, is it bad if my demo jump is nearly exactly the same as my solly jump, but with tp's on the places where sollys should skip/double? (since demo can prolly do it with pogo)

Offline  Hadokk
Rocketeer

Okay
If you think it's good it's good :p

Offline  Raiin
Soldier

Kangaroo-izzle
Apparently, I'm a robot.
mmm the idea has been thought of several times before...losing interest is the biggest problem.
I'll make something but im not going any further than that.

Offline  CrancK
Rocketeer

ehh... what?
dude...
is there any deadline?

Offline  Hadokk
Rocketeer

Okay
Maybe a deadline would be good for a motivational purpose, but that's up for Drexen to decide I think, since he's the one putting it together and he might not want to do it forever :)

Pages: 1 [2]
« previous next »

spirit Powered by SMF 2.0 RC5 | SMF © 2006–2011, Simple Machines LLC