Forums

Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Help Developing skills.  (Read 1342 times)
Maggot

Hi,im new at fps games, i've playing tf2 for 1 year, and been playing jump maps seriously for 2 months.
I've been playing alone, downloading some maps at fpsbanana, until i've found the chillout server.
I passed by, and got some good maps to play. Now there with this forum, i think i'll be able to evolve enough to actually do some challenges listed by CranK.
A map in particular is really tricky and hard to do (for me), the map is jump_aBuQ, course three.
I can do the first and second course easily, but, the third course is really hard to do.
Here's a video of it:
Small | Large

It's exactly at 3:03, this jump isn't that hard, but building speed to lift is a challenge for me.
Again, at 3:48, another tricky jump, i can't even stay in the wall.
And finally, at 5:10, the last one, and the most tricky. I can't sync the rockets like he does.
I hope i can find the proof to show competitive players here in brazil that jumping isn't something fancy and not necessary.
« Last Edit: December 23, 2010, 02:15:37 PM by sovietdrunk »

Offline  Matti
Fly

soar_a4 is out!
That guy in the vid you posted is mighty talented. I think we could all learn something from him...   ;)

And as far a jump help goes the only real help I can give is practice and persistence. You'll gradually begin perfecting angles and timings to the point where you're as good as that guy in the video...  :-\

If you do need help with a specific technique I might be able to offer some help though; I play at chillout regularly.

Look forward to seeing you on the servers.

Edit: Happy 2 month anniversary of that wonderful video... urgh... I feel dirty...
« Last Edit: December 23, 2010, 09:44:45 PM by Matti »

Maggot

Thanks, i don't play much there cause my ping gets around 250, and things like syncing rockets become a hard task, but yeah, i'll persist on my training.

Offline  dellort
Rocketeer

Video Maker Extraordinaire
Thanks, i don't play much there cause my ping gets around 250, and things like syncing rockets become a hard task, but yeah, i'll persist on my training.

Where do you live? Find a server closer to you (unless you just have a slow connection).

Maggot

Where do you live? Find a server closer to you (unless you just have a slow connection).
im from brazil, and there aren't jump servers around here.

Offline  tordana
Rocketeer

Ask Raiin, he somehow plays with 250+ ping regularly.

---------------------------

img  rush

It's about practicing with that ping. Getting use to it; As long as it's consistent it's not that bad.

Offline  X_DIAS
Rocketman

The world is a cube

I bet that if you make him play with normal (30ish) ping he wouldn't be that good jumping.

Offline  dellort
Rocketeer

Video Maker Extraordinaire
Raiin did all of his flawless runs on a local server... I'm pretty sure he'd be better with low ping.

Offline  X_DIAS
Rocketman

The world is a cube
Just kidding :D

Pages: [1]
« previous next »

spirit Powered by SMF 2.0 RC5 | SMF © 2006–2011, Simple Machines LLC