Forums

Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Speed shots  (Read 1489 times)
Offline  Swi1ch
Maggot

Are there any maps you could recommend for speed shot practice? I'm really bad at it currently.

Offline  MIKE`
Fly

jump_rebound_v3 and jump_hopstep_a3 (i think)

id suggest rebound over hopstep personally.

Offline  Wolsk
Rocketeer

i love you
jump_rebound_v3 and jump_hopstep_a3 (i think)

id suggest rebound over hopstep personally.
Both of those are awful maps.

I practice speedshotting by just doing speedshots everywhere I go.
I do it in normal TF2 and for getting from jump to jump on jump maps.

---------------------------

klanana:  I DID NOT EAT THE CAT
dellort: This mod is pretty cool, just wish the devs would fix the bug that allows MIKE to play on it.

Offline  Diddy
Rocketeer

Both of those are awful maps.
Did you call rebound an awful map?  I dunno if I can believe that.  Rebound top 5 maps. 

Hopstep is bad though, do rebound instead.

some people just shouldnt be aloud to have internet accesss

Soldier

i over use smiley faces...problem? *trollface*
just go on a map like nucleus or sawmill (maybe badlands) and use sv cheats and hurtme -2000000 ...pretty simple :D if these are bad maps my apologies i dont really try speadshots so...yeah

Offline  MIKE`
Fly

hopstep is pretty awful because some of the jumps are pretty poorly spaced and the 5th one is luck, but there's certainly nothing wrong with rebound (the bonuses are a bit silly imo, but they're bonuses, so they should be).

randomly speedshotting is good and all, but rebound will help teach you how to control your speedshot a bit more.

Offline  tordana
Rocketeer

If somebody actually good at speedshots can make a vid demonstrating where you aim/how early you shoot at various speeds/angles I would be eternally grateful.

Speedshots are by far the worst part of my jumping game. I feel that it's always just blind luck whenever I manage to do a speedshot jump -- I do get through all the easier ones but not with any degree of consistency whatsoever. And hopstep defeats me on jump #3 because when I get lucky and get the first one, I don't get lucky on the second.

Pages: [1]
« previous next »

spirit Powered by SMF 2.0 RC5 | SMF © 2006–2011, Simple Machines LLC