Forums

Pages: [1]
Author Topic: dont you just love computers.  (Read 851 times)
Soldier

i over use smiley faces...problem? *trollface*
so i went to turn on my computer this morning...it kept re booting its self and it gave me an option to do a startup thingy majiger, which was supposed to fix the problem...it wouldn't work and it said the easiest (and only) option was to remove everything on your harddrive to put it back to its factory state...i now have to re install EVERYTHING i previously had...dont you just love computers. hey?

Offline  Yami
Rocketeer

Download and burn an Ubuntu version on a CD, boot Ubuntu from CD, save files onto external storage. Files saved.

Other than that, computers are bitches. Our bitches. Who do not deserve to think for themselves. Boo, computers.

Soldier

im not too amazing with computers so i didn't understand a single word of that...i mean what is this thing you call  CD...what is this sorcery. :D anyway iv just installed steam and im installing tf2 now. hopefully from now on it will be happy days.

Offline  sync
Maggot

That's why I always back up my music and my config. Shit like that sucks!

Offline  feebl
Maggot

Browsing tutorials.
Like sync says, keep an external harddrive. Only your OS on 1 drive, the rest of the shit on the other. Problem fixed.

Soldier

you see that would be problem fixed...if i knew to do that before my computer decided to fuck me over...

Rocketman

you see that would be problem fixed...if i knew to do that before my computer decided to fuck me over...

99% chance it was your fault.

Soldier

you see, i know its my fault :D its just i now regret it...I'm hopefully getting a new computer soon anyway cause this computer has always been a pile of shit.

Offline  sync
Maggot

you see, i know its my fault :D its just i now regret it...I'm hopefully getting a new computer soon anyway cause this computer has always been a pile of shit.

whatever you do, don't get a prebuilt one. If you don't know shit about computers (like me) invest some time into it or get a friend to help you.

Offline  Exile
Rocketeer

Couldn't think of something clever to put
Pretty sure you all have computers that can actually play a game of ctf_turbine, or whatever tiny map, without getting about 5fps. Mine is a crappy laptop that literally only is capable to not lag on jump maps. Trade computers with me pls.

---------------------------
@@@@@@@@@@@@@

Offline  feebl
Maggot

Browsing tutorials.
Pretty sure you all have computers that can actually play a game of ctf_turbine, or whatever tiny map, without getting about 5fps. Mine is a crappy laptop that literally only is capable to not lag on jump maps. Trade computers with me pls.

Have you checked out Chris' Maxframes?

Pages: [1]
« previous next »

spirit Powered by SMF 2.0 RC5 | SMF © 2006–2011, Simple Machines LLC