jump.tf Forums
Welcome B)

Banned user: MichaelBB

John · 34 · 5914

fishy

tbh are u rly doubting that mireal would make alts to try and dodge his ban here he loves shitposting way too much

i love mireal but goddamn lol

John

• video games
  • Novice
    • Frags: +421/-69
    • View Profile
why you guys ban someone that not even posting anything lol
what reason mireal getting ban btw?

he did post stuff we just deleted most or all of it because it was just shitposting smh kendrick and also

http://jump.tf/forum/index.php/topic,1486.0.html
http://jump.tf/forum/index.php/topic,1579.0.html
http://jump.tf/forum/index.php/topic,1643.0.html
http://jump.tf/forum/index.php/topic,1706.0.html
http://jump.tf/forum/index.php/topic,1897.0.html

it's also gotten to a point where i've almost given up on giving out warnings for massive shitposts so michaelbb would have been banned anyways (for a set duration, not permanent). but in addition to trying to access the admin panel i probably would have made it permanent anyways

dr heinz is correct that i'm suspecting ban evasion. i've dealt with ban evasion on IRC before and most ban evaders are blatantly obvious. especially the fact that mireal has made alt accounts before to shitpost does literally no one remember this hello??
« Last Edit: August 06, 2016, 11:20:56 PM by John »

?oss

I really hope there is more than enough proof that little michael is mireal
Otherwise it looks like you guys are determined to keep this community stagnant as you ban all supposably new members
Dont get me wrong I understand I know less that nothing about this whole situation but it feels depressive wathing how all new members are being banned
Seeing as I know michael through steam I think its fair to say that there is a big chance that he is in fact, not mireal disguise
« Last Edit: August 07, 2016, 11:28:55 AM by ?oss »

Dr. Heinz

• needs to stop posting
    • Frags: +0/-0
  • Relax.
    • View Profile
You only hear about the users John bans, he's not gonna tell you about every new member who he not bans.

?oss

You only hear about the users John bans, he's not gonna tell you about every new member who he not bans.
Cant argue with that
But this is how it works isnt it
« Last Edit: August 07, 2016, 01:07:28 PM by ?oss »

John

• video games
  • Novice
    • View Profile
i have banned 2 users total? mireal + 2 alts and a possible mireal but as you say it could be michaelbb.
those two alts were basically confirmed to be mireal too (one of them literally had the same ip address as mireal's main account so...)

i'll consider unbanning him if he just adds me or rokio on steam and tells me directly that he was the one with the account (his posts will still be deleted because they were inherently terrible alongside his post necroing threads from months ago).

you say you know michaelbb through steam but at the same time you deleted him after your democall. impersonation is always a possibility, however i'll be happy if i'm wrong to ban him.

stop jumping to conclusions when you admit you know nothing. knowing nothing and acting on knowing nothing are two entirely different things
we get more than 1 new member a month alright?

?oss

Well when I said I know him I didnt mean we are friends in steam since I deleted him, I just know that michaelbb that 100% is not mireal exists, thats all I can generally say

John

• video games
  • Novice
    • View Profile
he exists but that doesn't mean his forum account is actually him (he didn't use steam login so his steam profile isn't connected). using a digital ocean ip address is extremely suspicious because the only people who would use proxies are ban evaders or people trying to bypass a firewall that's blocking this site.

again, if he just adds me we can modify the ban duration or remove it entirely depending on what happens
« Last Edit: August 07, 2016, 03:44:47 PM by John »

?oss

that doesn't mean his forum account is actually him

Ive never said that either
And I suppose the topic should be closed its been enough already

MichaelBB2

• View Profile
Ok first off, I use a proxy (digital ocean) because I value my web anonymity. Secondly, I've never talked to Mireal in my life, and I added you on steam John. I am the same Michael that was friends with Toss on steam.

As for the "shitposting" as you call it, I was just trying to liven up the forums with an Overwatch discussion. My posts in meme-haven were just that, memes.

If that's a bannable offense then by all means.. don't unban me, but then why are users like HyperDan and Shunix not banned? Have you seen their posts?

Edit : btw john, if i'm not online when you get my friend request, I mighn't be online for a while due to real life circumstances that dont permit me to game as much as i would like
« Last Edit: August 07, 2016, 06:40:18 PM by MichaelBB2 »

John

• video games
  • Novice
    • View Profile
the bannable offense was the part where we were notified by the board system of administration login attempts. the part where you seemed like mireal to both me and rokio (and to other members of the forum) was another factor, but did not ultimately decide the ban.

checking the logs: your overwatch thread was actually just shitposting judging from the content (it was also not in meme haven)
we also have an overwatch thread already in off-topic discussion anyways so your thread would have been deleted or merged depending on the responses
« Last Edit: August 07, 2016, 07:15:14 PM by John »

MichaelBB2

• View Profile
As for the admin access attempt(?), I remember clicking something and being presented with "enter password", I just presumed that I had been logged out for some reason. I don't see how the overwatch thread qualifies as shitposting, I just asked for jumpers' opinions.

John

• video games
  • Novice
    • View Profile
the content of your post and title (capitalization on every word; random capitalizations in post content) led me and others to believe that your post wasn't actually trying to start a healthy discussion but rather a beginning of some kind of low effort, low quality post. I quote from another member "Mireal is back."

MichaelBB2

• View Profile
I'm sorry about that John, I was trying to be informal and I sometimes get my grammar confused.. I'll try to be more careful in the future.

John

• video games
  • Novice
    • View Profile
You don't need to be careful you just essentially set off all "mireal is back" warnings for majority of the forum because you followed the same pattern of posting as he did (post as a normal/semi normal person and then immediately shitpost and meme in less than 10 posts). Which account do you want to use? I'll merge posts into the other account.