Forums

Pages: [1]
Author Topic: conc_AandO  (Read 1093 times)
Offline  CrancK
Rocketeer

ehh... what?
dude...
hello everyone,

i made another conc map (Alpha and Omega), although fribe assures me its also fun for demomen, so at least it might have some reason to be on normal jumpservers then, which is why i'm putting it up here.

has 45 jumps on the course, and 2 secret jumps

has mapmade skillsrank triggers, so shouldnt need to add them manually ( !!!!!!! so dont !!!!!! )

is only b1, cos i kinda wanna add some text messages and such, but can't be bothered to right now, but since it is kinda fully functional, i figured lets just release

if you find any bugs, pls do tell me (oh i already know that i didnt do the ehh.... cubemap thingys yet... theres nothing reflective anyway i think)

ohw also, youll need to use !ammo if you use soldier or demo, ill prolly make that better/fix in next version

http://www63.zippyshare.com/v/87849287/file.html

ps: remember ppl, use !norun to make the timer not trigger everytime you pass it if you dont want it to.

psps: also.. i think its completely impossible for soldiers.... but fuck.. ive seen people do insane things before.. so try if you wanna die of frustration i guess ^^
« Last Edit: October 26, 2012, 10:13:35 AM by CrancK »

---------------------------

Offline  adrian
Fly

psps: also.. i think its completely impossible for soldiers.... but fuck.. ive seen people do insane things before.. so try if you wanna die of frustration i guess ^^
[/quote]

challenge accepted...

Rocketman

Now to figure out localhost concs...  soldier challenge in the mean time.

Offline  CrancK
Rocketeer

ehh... what?
dude...
well, its on my testserver at the very least, and since its doable for demos, i hope/assume itll go up on jumpit and chillout

Rocketman

No tears now; only dreams
okay didnt play through the map just noclipped through most of it, but it's pretty nice. Personally I think it's fine with regen everywhere and no func_brushes, since some of the later lvls are so long that they're hard enough. You can make this the hardest demo map out there if you make certain walls func_brushes and add correctly spaced regen spots. I think it's up to you if want to make this super duper hard for demomen. It'd be a lot of work tweaking the levels to adjust for demomen, as you'd need a good demo constantly testing it. If you do decide to make it hard for demo, I think you should leave regen everywhere for the first five lvls or so, just so beginners/intermediate demo jumpers don't get stuck immediately.

Also I think you should number the levels asap... completely lost my sense of where I was in the map.

and yes there are lvls that are impossible as soldier without a doubt, though I can't tell you which without numbered levels

and I love the old school tfc style teleporters... brings me back in time

Offline  CrancK
Rocketeer

ehh... what?
dude...
ye i was hoping to give it a nostalgic feeling with them tps :P

as for regens, its not like i wanna make it superduperhard, just not give demos infinite ammo, since they can do that anyway through plugins

as for func_brushing stuff... no way... thatd take ages

as for numbering them, ye that was part of the plan, i kinda wanna make texts pop up on everyjump, saying nr of jump and maybe minimum/par amount of concs/stickies.

also, first 10 orso jumps really dont need a lot of stickies, i think they're prolly doable with the 8 ppl have, untill you get to the somewhat longer ones

Rocketman

and yes there are lvls that are impossible as soldier without a doubt, though I can't tell you which without numbered levels

I think I counted about 7 or 8 of them, because they had the inward layer type hole.  Downpogo heaven though, for those masochistic enough.

Looked really fun for conc, though probably a little (a lot) past my level.

Offline  EXC0
Maggot

I'm gone for today, will attempt this as soldier. No fun allowed.

Fly

2Tired2Pogo
played this a while ago when the new concs first came out, so the map is finally finished? :p did u change anything since a4?

Offline  CrancK
Rocketeer

ehh... what?
dude...
lighting, tps, secretjumps, skillsrank triggers, and i prolly didnt have 45 total on the course back then...

so ye... some things changed

(not finished tho, still want to add some texts and regens and stuffs)
« Last Edit: October 30, 2012, 09:57:36 AM by CrancK »

Soldier

could someone upload this again?
cant download it anymore.

Offline  CrancK
Rocketeer

ehh... what?
dude...

Pages: [1]
« previous next »