Forums

Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: Somethings about tf2jumping and jump movies  (Read 2125 times)
Offline  LuLu
Maggot

noobie :)
Hi everyone ! I created this topic, just to express my thoughts about tf2jumps. No one fragmovie not gives me  esthetically pleasing as i enjoy jumpmovies :). I want to say a big !thank you! to the people, who make these movies for their creative thinking and work. And also i want to express my admiration for those who know how to make beautiful jumps. You guys are awesome!!:). I play TF2 is enough time, but do not know how to make beautiful jumps. I think it's very difficult. Not every player can learn how to do it. And i respect You guys. Thank you all, and please, do not stop doing this, i'm waiting for new jumpmovies!:) <3

If my topic does not fit into this section, i apologize :(
 Thank you for your attention <3

Rocketeer

the skybox is the limit
Seems general enough a discussion for me.

We just need someone to fill in dellort's shoes and take up the torch of movie-making...

Offline  LuLu
Maggot

We just need someone to fill in dellort's shoes and take up the torch of movie-making...
among you enough movie-makers :). or i'm wrong?

Rocketeer

the skybox is the limit

You're right in the sense that we have enough people capable of making movies, but back when dellort made movies he was THE person to send all of your jumps to. Because of this, dellort's movies always displayed a wide variety of jumps of extremely high quality, which made the community look really good (hence dell's latest movie winning third in the Boneyard Productions Competition).

Now that he's quit though, all the more recent democalls I've seen have been a bit lower in profile and smaller in scale. As a result the post-Pretty Jumps movies tend to be shorter in length and don't quite measure up to dellort's movies.

Offline  LuLu
Maggot

You're right in the sense that we have enough people capable of making movies, but back when dellort made movies he was THE person to send all of your jumps to. Because of this, dellort's movies always displayed a wide variety of jumps of extremely high quality, which made the community look really good (hence dell's latest movie winning third in the Boneyard Productions Competition).

Now that he's quit though, all the more recent democalls I've seen have been a bit lower in profile and smaller in scale. As a result the post-Pretty Jumps movies tend to be shorter in length and don't quite measure up to dellort's movies.

yes, i remember that movie from Dellort. I voted for it, btw :P So, Dellort, wake up!  :P

Rocketeer

the skybox is the limit
Nah, it's his decision to quit and we should respect that. We just need to get back to the level of quality he provided, that's all.

Offline  Exile
Rocketeer

Couldn't think of something clever to put
Jumping isn't the same it used to be, most of the jumpers lost motivation to even jump, and all the movies have overdone jumps in them. If there was a new movie to come out that was mind blowing you would have to find a way to do crazy shit that has never been done before to keep it original.

---------------------------
@@@@@@@@@@@@@

Rocketeer

the skybox is the limit
Jumping isn't the same it used to be, most of the jumpers lost motivation to even jump, and all the movies have overdone jumps in them. If there was a new movie to come out that was mind blowing you would have to find a way to do crazy shit that has never been done before to keep it original.

Team soldier jumping on parallel walls using only the other soldier's rockets. So instead of you shooting the wall you're jumping off of, your partner does, and instead of facing the wall, you face your partner.

Boom.

Offline  CrancK
Rocketeer

ehh... what?
dude...
enemy rockets only give 60% of the bang tho, which is why alot of teamjump ideas arent possible (though you can mess with cvars, but then its not authentic anymore :S)

Rocketeer

the skybox is the limit
enemy rockets only give 60% of the bang tho, which is why alot of teamjump ideas arent possible (though you can mess with cvars, but then its not authentic anymore :S)

FULL CRITS FOR EVERYONE

Rocketman

No tears now; only dreams
??? there are still plenty of awesome jumps you can do. Maybe not on valve maps, but there are countless unique and difficult jumps yet to be done on jump maps.
« Last Edit: October 31, 2012, 12:29:53 PM by Afterglow »

Offline  dellort
Rocketeer

Video Maker Extraordinaire
If I'm not working next summer and there's a lot of interest in another movie then I can do one again... I think there needs to be at least 5-6 months between major movies anyways for everyone to think of new ideas, as well as take a break from recording jumps (or in my case take a break from editing).

Offline  LuLu
Maggot

If I'm not working next summer and there's a lot of interest in another movie then I can do one again... I think there needs to be at least 5-6 months between major movies anyways for everyone to think of new ideas, as well as take a break from recording jumps (or in my case take a break from editing).
Just do it, Dellort! :)

it would be great!

And you, Afterglow, let's make the new jumps, you are good doing it, i saw  :P

Maggot

Try using quick fix. It has a lot of options and it looks cool to film jumps from medics perspectve

Offline  LuLu
Maggot

Try using quick fix. It has a lot of options and it looks cool to film jumps from medics perspectve
hehe, but i have no friends, who enjoys jumping :) anyway, thx for advice :)

Pages: [1] 2
« previous next »

spirit Powered by SMF 2.0 RC5 | SMF © 2006–2011, Simple Machines LLC