Forums

Pages: [1] 2 3 4
Author Topic: Jump/Run of the Week  (Read 9573 times)
Rocketman

No tears now; only dreams
Introducing jump of the week and run of the week!

Tort and I are starting a weekly video series entitled JOTW and ROTW. Basically, you guys submit us demos to tf2rjdropbox@gmail.com. We will watch your demos and decide on that week’s jump of the week or run of the week. We will then make a video of it and upload it to our youtube channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/TF2RJweekly. We will strive to produce high quality content, both in terms of jumps and editing. It won’t be just tort and I unanimously doing the deciding fyi, we’ve recruited some demo judgers.

ROTW - Run of the week. The most impressive speedrun we receive of a jump map. This doesn’t have to be flawless, just as long as it beats out the other runs we receive in terms of difficulty. It can be as demoman or soldier. It can also be something like a soldier run on a demoman map. Only demoman and soldier though (no concing or scout jumping or something like that). You may use regen, but ONLY if it's necessary (like a soldier run on jump_koi for instance). It may be a section of a map such as the blue side of jump_annex or a full map run.

Link to a list of ROTWS - https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0Au9N6ci9v1uWdDVsR2ptdGlPUjJseGNqWlRMQ05PYmc&usp=sharing

JOTW - Jump of the week. The most impressive jump we receive. It can be on any map (even dev textured ones), and any type of jump (team or solo, soldier or demo, etc). It’s up to you, just be creative and show off a hard-to-do jump and you’ll have a good chance of making it. I must warn you that submissions like a series of speedshots on stock maps will have a very low chance of making it as a jotw. Already done jumps like the quint sync on pagoda won't have a chance either.

Submission requirements are as follows:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

How to make a demo:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

We hope to see some genuine interest and high quality jumps :D Please spread this around to your friends, we want this to be a success. I personally want this to showcase some rising stars, not just the already well-known pros in the tf2 jump community. Hopefully we'll get some submissions from relatively unknown players.

Follow us on twitter: https://twitter.com/tf2rjweekly

Feel free to ask questions, I’ll answer them for ya.
« Last Edit: July 26, 2013, 10:57:37 PM by Afterglow »

---------------------------

Offline  Exile
Rocketeer

Couldn't think of something clever to put
What if I do beef backwards

@@@@@@@@@@@@@

Rocketeer

the skybox is the limit
Has to be in one continuous jump

Rocketman

eh no, but for jotw, you can go backwards on a jump map if you want.

Rocketman

May want to remove the . from the end of the URL.  Causing a 404 for those people not smart enough to notice it (most, i'd assume)

Fly

2Tired2Pogo
seems cool, i cant wait to see some clips. too bad i cant enter any.

Offline  X_DIAS
Rocketman

The world is a cube
hum....not sure if the submissions will be enough.....maybe of the month?
would work better imo

anyway, is k00l idea

Offline  Hadokk
Rocketeer

Bball Server Filler Upper
Okay
I have some old demos that I would like to submit (can't make any new ones atm since I suck), is it ok to enter with them?

Offline  Klanana
Rocketman

iT! Servers Owner
Team Spec Extraordinaire
I'd love to feature these on the home page when you get them!!!

Jump iT - 64.74.97.15:27015 | JuJump iT - 74.91.113.66:27015 | Surf iT - 216.52.143.76:27015
Bball iT - 74.91.113.9:27015 | MGE iT - 74.91.122.39:27015

Rocketman

old demos are fine, and that sounds great klanana :D

x dias, monthly would be too long of a gap... jotw/rotw is only one jump and one run, surely we can get that at least once a week.

Rocketman

x dias, monthly would be too long of a gap... jotw/rotw is only one jump and one run, surely we can get that at least once a week.

That all depends.  Are you going to accept competition on the same map?  Lesser runs of the same map?  There are only so many maps people can run, and even less when someone sets a really good time (think burger on rush).

Weekly could work for a while, but you might run out of content.  If I can manage to get my hands on JA or something to do engineer runs, I'll do what I can to help bring variety  :D

Rocketman

We'll accept anything, but that doesn't guarantee it'll make it as a jotw/rotw. Obviously, we'll use the fastest run if we get multiple runs of the same map. If someone gets a faster run than a previous rotw on the same map, then we may use that as well. I'd want to avoid showing slower times than previous rotw's though.

I just knew there would be ppl doubting that we won't get enough demos. A good jump takes something like 1-3 hours to pull off. A solid speedrun takes even less if you're good. Clearly, there is plenty of potential to have enough content. It does not take long to make a jump/speedrun demo. Just from myself alone I could produce enough jumps/speedruns for this thing. The only way imo we won't have enough is if people choose not to make/submit demos, which would be a shame seeing as how we're providing people an opportunity to showcase cool jumps without the effort of video making on your part.

As for you saying there's not enough maps to speedrun, there are like... what? 50 maps? In addition to soldier runs on demo maps and vice versa and course or full map runs, there is definitely enough out there to speedrun.

And I didn't think about engy speedrunning, though tbh I'm not too sure about that. It takes too long to traverse through a map with engy considering the build time and whatnot. But if you show something interesting enough it'll be okay.

Rocketeer

the skybox is the limit

As for you saying there's not enough maps to speedrun, there are like... what? 50 maps? In addition to soldier runs on demo maps and vice versa and course or full map runs, there is definitely enough out there to speedrun.

If I find that I'm too noobish to participate in the jumps I'll look into serious mapmaking.

Offline  Diddy
Rocketeer

As xdias said props to you if you can get enough submissions to do it weekly for any extended period of time.  Maybe it will motivate me to jump.

some people just shouldnt be aloud to have internet accesss

Fly

Sheep
nice :~D maybe will make a record for next week video

Pages: [1] 2 3 4
« previous next »

spirit Powered by SMF 2.0 RC5 | SMF © 2006–2011, Simple Machines LLC