Forums

Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Crouch Jump/Jump Crouch question  (Read 711 times)
Maggot

So, as a new member of this forum, correct me if I do something wrong.
Firstly, I have a question about jumping. I notice when some people jump they do an animation like noclipping up/being rocketed away (in a way.) Here's a video explaining better:
Crouch Jumping Question

So any info, binds, scripts, whatever would be really awesome.

Offline  Exile
Rocketeer

Couldn't think of something clever to put
It's really just an animation, I don't think it makes a difference.

---------------------------
@@@@@@@@@@@@@

Rocketman

As exile said, it's just something you see.  There is no difference between their jump and a normal crouch jump.  It's just tf2 being wonky.

Offline  Exile
Rocketeer

Couldn't think of something clever to put
That being said. Third person when I spectate Matti jumping turns me on.

---------------------------
@@@@@@@@@@@@@

Offline  HBC
Maggot

awk
there are 3 falling animations when you're uncrouched and 1 when you are crouched as a soldier. (i'm not sure about the other classes)

when you're in the air it will randomly choose one of the falling animations when you uncrouch and always switch to the crouching animation when you hold crouch.
There's some console command that allows you to constantly crouch and uncrouch in midair (jumpit has it but i can't remember what it is..) which would let you see how that works. Valve added a limit since people were constantly abusing it against snipers, but there's a command to remove it.

Maggot

there are 3 falling animations when you're uncrouched and 1 when you are crouched as a soldier. (i'm not sure about the other classes)

when you're in the air it will randomly choose one of the falling animations when you uncrouch and always switch to the crouching animation when you hold crouch.
There's some console command that allows you to constantly crouch and uncrouch in midair (jumpit has it but i can't remember what it is..) which would let you see how that works. Valve added a limit since people were constantly abusing it against snipers, but there's a command to remove it.

A very informative answer, thank you very much, as well as everyone else. I'll be sure to check this out.

Pages: [1]
« previous next »

spirit Powered by SMF 2.0 RC5 | SMF © 2006–2011, Simple Machines LLC