Forums

Pages: 1 [2] 3
Author Topic: Group map thing stuff  (Read 3746 times)
Offline  Exile
Rocketeer

Couldn't think of something clever to put
since bshear requested it,

Brightness:  135 151 194 500
Ambient: 48 45 57 90

hmm you need to include the other settings like the pitch/yaw/roll. Prolly easiest to just upload a vmf of the light env and other things we may need.

Don't really have much time to upload anything atm, but I'll add the things you requested into the op.

---------------------------
@@@@@@@@@@@@@

Offline  Exile
Rocketeer

Here's an aggressive bump

@@@@@@@@@@@@@

Rocketman

If you send me that jump i'll make it easier

f u

Offline  Exile
Rocketeer

If you send me that jump i'll make it easier

f u

No one wants to do a 1 unit pogo

@@@@@@@@@@@@@

Rocketman

4 by 4, and not even that bad. It's 4 rockets.  :'(

Offline  Exile
Rocketeer

4 by 4, and not even that bad. It's 4 rockets.  :'(

Fine

Also, here's another bump.

@@@@@@@@@@@@@

Offline  Drexen
Rocketeer

This whole thing isn't a good way to go about getting a collab map together.

Offline  Exile
Rocketeer

This whole thing isn't a good way to go about getting a collab map together.

You could give me a few pointers on how to do it better :)

@@@@@@@@@@@@@

Rocketman

No tears now; only dreams
judging by the sounds of it, it's just another jump_squared which honestly I don't want to see multiples of. I'm working on a jump that's hard but not retarded, so if it's going in with a map that has 4x4 unit pogos, i kind of don't want to put it in...
« Last Edit: December 13, 2012, 08:43:26 PM by Afterglow »

Offline  Exile
Rocketeer

judging by the sounds of it, it's just another jump_squared which honestly I don't to see multiples of. I'm working on a jump that's hard but not retarded, so if it's going in with a map that has 4x4 unit pogos, i kind of don't want to put it in...

I'm not looking to make it like jump_squared, I want it to be full of creative jumps, the 4x4 is just kairu being kairu.

@@@@@@@@@@@@@

Rocketman

Sheesh, he already denied it.  Hitting four rockets on small platforms is no different that what's been done in TONS of other maps.  I can think of 3 or 4 that have small ass (2-3 unit wide) beams that people are expected to pogo across for extended time, whereas mine was only 4 rockets.

It's far from difficult.

Soldier

The only thing you should doing is making sure the jumps arnt broken (i.e. completeable - doesnt matter how hard, easy, retarded, fun, etc).

If you are the one compiling (which you seem to be in this case), detail and lights wise, do what you will, but do not change the basic geometry of the jump. That defeats the point of a collab. If you want jump ideas, i can give you a million dev jumps that need testing/adjusting, im just to lazy as im sure there are plenty of other ppl to do as well.

If your going to detail, keep the same resqrctions even if you do add pretties to the map (noclip zones, shoot-through walls)

um.. not sure what other advice your looking for here...

There is a slight chance I can make a jump or 2 before christmas, but i wouldnt count on it. something about time and how it isnt free...

Offline  Exile
Rocketeer

The only thing you should doing is making sure the jumps arnt broken (i.e. completeable - doesnt matter how hard, easy, retarded, fun, etc).

If you are the one compiling (which you seem to be in this case), detail and lights wise, do what you will, but do not change the basic geometry of the jump. That defeats the point of a collab. If you want jump ideas, i can give you a million dev jumps that need testing/adjusting, im just to lazy as im sure there are plenty of other ppl to do as well.

If your going to detail, keep the same resqrctions even if you do add pretties to the map (noclip zones, shoot-through walls)

um.. not sure what other advice your looking for here...

There is a slight chance I can make a jump or 2 before christmas, but i wouldnt count on it. something about time and how it isnt free...
Yeah, I'll probably be compiling unless my computer explodes. I already know enough to not tamper with the jumps. I was kind of assuming drexen meant that I should organize this better. But yeah, it's not going to be jump_fuckingimppossiblertvpls

@@@@@@@@@@@@@

Offline  Exile
Rocketeer

I gave some people few extra days, I'm fine with having this map have only 10 jumps. But I would actually like more people to pitch in.

@@@@@@@@@@@@@

Rocketman

No tears now; only dreams
Collab jumps

Pages: 1 [2] 3
« previous next »

spirit Powered by SMF 2.0 RC5 | SMF © 2006–2011, Simple Machines LLC