Forums

Pages: [1]
Author Topic: BAQu_a2 Jump 4-3  (Read 783 times)
Offline  Torii
Soldier

Whirlwind "Torii Hurricane"
I've actually already completed the map, but this was one jump that I felt confident in doing but took much longer than I thought.

The jump at 5:10
ßOl Small | Large

Is there any way to get consistent at that? I find it's just complete dumb luck whether the rockets magically stop my fall instead of eventually contributing to the drop. Does it matter if I walk off the edge or fall off while crouching, etc.

---------------------------

Offline  Yami
Rocketeer

I'll try to explain it comparing this to a simple pogo to wallclimb jump.

There's a reason you won't climb when your rocket launcher is far away from the wall you're going to climb. You want the rocket launcher close to the wall in order to climb, because the rockets will be much closer to you and the wall, so you can actually gain height.

Same goes for this jump, or any walldrops specifically. In order to stop dropping, you want your rocket launcher closer to the wall. If you want to go lower, move the rocket launcher farther away from the wall.

Also, angles are everything. Walldrops should be around 80 degrees considering looking straight forward is 0 degrees.

I hope this'll help. I also hope you understand what I just tried to explain. Derp. Good luck.

Offline  Torii
Soldier

Whirlwind "Torii Hurricane"
When you say my rocket launcher should be close to the wall... Do you mean the soldier's body being closer to the wall, or the angle at which I shoot the rocket at (As in, raising your aim up on the wall).

I always tell newbies to aim 30-45 degrees to the left to do a wallclimb from a pogo, I thought that's what affects whether you drop or climb.

---------------------------

Offline  Yami
Rocketeer

I always tell newbies to aim 30-45 degrees to the left to do a wallclimb from a pogo
This. If you're 5 degrees to the left, you won't climb as fast. If you aim 5 degrees to the right or more, you won't climb at all. But instead drop. Add this to your knowledge and use this for walldrops.

Rocketman

I always tell newbies to aim 30-45 degrees to the left to do a wallclimb from a pogo
This. If you're 5 degrees to the left, you won't climb as fast. If you aim 5 degrees to the right or more, you won't climb at all. But instead drop. Add this to your knowledge and use this for walldrops.

Also note, if you gain a bit of speed climbing, you can slightly raise your aim to go faster.  Can help if you're ammo limited, or need to get a bit of height when transferring walls, but it can be tricky to get used to.

Pages: [1]
« previous next »

spirit Powered by SMF 2.0 RC5 | SMF © 2006–2011, Simple Machines LLC