Forums

Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Probelms Extracting Maps  (Read 834 times)
Maggot

Hey all, lurker posting for the first time here. I have downloaded several maps, and I can't seem to install them properly. I have used several archiving programs (WinRar, 7zip) but they always complain.

WinRar says that it reached an unexpected end of file and 7zip says that there is a data error and that the file is broken.

I've read that the .bsp file needs to be put into the /maps directory. I hope i'm not being dense in that the .bz2 needs to be left alone and put there instead.

The only map i've been able to successfully extract was jump_volcanic, all others give me these errors. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Offline  Kaboom!
Maggot

I think what you do is right click the bz2 file. Choose extract here (after its put into maps directory) then it should do all the magic itself.

Maggot

copy everything to maps/

just google the map and download it from other side (gamebanana for ex)
......i had some problem with jump over

or join jump server ( best way to learn cuz you can spectate and copy other jumpers)

Soldier

You usually get a .rar file. Inside the .rar file there will be a .bsp file. The .bsp file goes in \maps. Sometimes you only get a .bsp file not packaged in a .rar file in which case just put the .bsp file in \maps.

Rocketeer

the skybox is the limit
the full path should be something like

C\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\<your steam id>\team fortress 2\tf\maps\
« Last Edit: December 13, 2012, 02:24:22 PM by Stimpack »

Offline  Klanana
Rocketman

iT! Servers Owner
Team Spec Extraordinaire
http://jumpit.site.nfoservers.com/server/maps/

you can download the bsp's here if you need to

---------------------------

Jump iT - 64.74.97.15:27015 | JuJump iT - 74.91.113.66:27015 | Surf iT - 216.52.143.76:27015
Bball iT - 74.91.113.9:27015 | MGE iT - 74.91.122.39:27015

Maggot

Thanks guys, I got it working...not sure why all the files I download here are .bz2, but after downloading all .rars and .zips from gamebanana, I got a bunch installed successfully.

I now have a problem with some of the maps, where I spawn in a random spot and can't do anything. I played jump_elysium once and had no problems, but the second time I spawned under the pit around the real spawn point. I tried noclipping out, but as soon as I went up through the bottom of the pit I died.

Another map, I spawn in blackness and die as soon as I spawn. Any help would be greatly appreciated, i'm loving learning jump tricks and such.

Thanks for the link klanana, that should make it lots easier than navigating gamebanana.

Rocketeer

I now have a problem with some of the maps, where I spawn in a random spot and can't do anything. I played jump_elysium once and had no problems, but the second time I spawned under the pit around the real spawn point. I tried noclipping out, but as soon as I went up through the bottom of the pit I died.

Another map, I spawn in blackness and die as soon as I spawn. Any help would be greatly appreciated, i'm loving learning jump tricks and such.

Pick the other team.

---------------------------

Soldier

Thanks guys, I got it working...not sure why all the files I download here are .bz2, but after downloading all .rars and .zips from gamebanana, I got a bunch installed successfully.

Thanks for the link klanana, that should make it lots easier than navigating gamebanana.

Most maps use blu, some don't care and a few use red (jump_embrace is the only one I've found that only uses red)

Fly

Most maps use blu, some don't care and a few use red (jump_embrace is the only one I've found that only uses red)

Pagoda and Bomb off the top of my head.  There are many more.

Pages: [1]
« previous next »

spirit Powered by SMF 2.0 RC5 | SMF © 2006–2011, Simple Machines LLC