Forums

Pages: [1]
Author Topic: spambots  (Read 1113 times)
Rocketeer

the skybox is the limit
Can we move to captchas now or something?

Offline  Yami
Rocketeer

yespls

Offline  Drexen
Rocketeer

so it takes an extra 5 seconds to make an account manually then spam?

Offline  Yami
Rocketeer

Which means a lot less in the first place.

Offline  Klanana
Rocketman

iT! Servers Owner
Team Spec Extraordinaire
You guys dont even KNOW how many complaints I get about our forum registration and our captchas being too hard and shit (actually no one has bitched for a while so im not sure if something changed) - I believe we require email verification too... so when these spam botters come in they really have to go the extra mile to update us on the newest penis enlargement supplement. I have stopped banning them because it would ban a fuckton of other people... now i just delete the account and all the posts made under it. It literally takes half a second to undo all their hard bot work... and i try to get it asap  so really it shouldnt be that big of an issue.

In my opinion I would much rather take 2 seconds to delete the account/posts than complicate the registration process even more. Dont worry... I got those mother fuckers on lockdown.

---------------------------

Jump iT - 64.74.97.15:27015 | JuJump iT - 74.91.113.66:27015 | Surf iT - 216.52.143.76:27015
Bball iT - 74.91.113.9:27015 | MGE iT - 74.91.122.39:27015

Offline  Yami
Rocketeer

I think Klare deserves a certified ban hammer or something. :D

Rocketeer

the skybox is the limit
klare to the rescue

Maggot

i surf in the game team fortress 2
You guys dont even KNOW how many complaints I get about our forum registration and our captchas being too hard and shit (actually no one has bitched for a while so im not sure if something changed) - I believe we require email verification too... so when these spam botters come in they really have to go the extra mile to update us on the newest penis enlargement supplement. I have stopped banning them because it would ban a fuckton of other people... now i just delete the account and all the posts made under it. It literally takes half a second to undo all their hard bot work... and i try to get it asap  so really it shouldnt be that big of an issue.

In my opinion I would much rather take 2 seconds to delete the account/posts than complicate the registration process even more. Dont worry... I got those mother fuckers on lockdown.
LOLOLOOL i dont know why i find this sooo hilarious, maybe it is the vulgar vocabulary from a person of very high authority xD

---------------------------

Rocketman

LOLOLOOL i dont know why i find this sooo hilarious, maybe it is the vulgar vocabulary from a person of very high authority xD

Being in authority means you can't swear? This is the internet, not CNN.

Pages: [1]
« previous next »

spirit Powered by SMF 2.0 RC5 | SMF © 2006–2011, Simple Machines LLC