Forums

Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Setting collision values/options for grounds and teleporting issues  (Read 649 times)
Offline  Temple
Maggot

I'm not sure if this is the right board to post this.
Anyway, I'm looking to learn how to make grounds with a certain attribute that players can touch it but rockets cannot. As seen in jump_baQu
Also, for teleporting grounds, I currently make doors such that there is a thin layer of "trigger-teleport" ground over the visible "door". Is there anyway to incorporate those two together? Which means making a visible ground that can teleport players on touch.

I'm currently using the Hammer editor.

Help is appreciated thanks.
« Last Edit: December 17, 2012, 06:06:34 AM by Temple »

Offline  X_DIAS
Rocketman

The world is a cube
Check drexen's tutorials under the Tutorials<Mapping tutorials section of this forum

Soldier

func_brush + trigger_teleport ...?

Rocketman

No tears now; only dreams
to make a block that players can't shoot but can stand on, make it a func_illusionary. Then copy paste that same block, texture it with player clip, move it to world, and then place it on top of the func_illusionary block. Alternatively if you want to make a wall that you can't shoot, it's easier to copy that wall, make it 1 unit thick, place it over the wall that you don't want ppl to shoot, texture it with skybox, make it a func_brush, change render mode to "Do not render." this way you don't get a leak if you make the wall a func_illusionary. there's also something called a func_speedmod (or some shit i cant remember) which you can use to make it so that you can't even shoot your rocket launcher at all or detonate stickies (this is used in coop_soldierbuddies and jump_emulation for instance) in a certain zone.

hope this helps, im in a rush, so cant explain it further

---------------------------

Offline  Temple
Maggot

func_brush + trigger_teleport ...?
that doesn't work. I think. Unless you made it work and I screwed up somehow.

to make a block that players can't shoot but can stand on, make it a func_illusionary. Then copy paste that same block, texture it with player clip, move it to world, and then place it on top of the func_illusionary block. Alternatively if you want to make a wall that you can't shoot, it's easier to copy that wall, make it 1 unit thick, place it over the wall that you don't want ppl to shoot, texture it with skybox, make it a func_brush, change render mode to "Do not render." this way you don't get a leak if you make the wall a func_illusionary. there's also something called a func_speedmod (or some shit i cant remember) which you can use to make it so that you can't even shoot your rocket launcher at all or detonate stickies (this is used in coop_soldierbuddies and jump_emulation for instance) in a certain zone.

hope this helps, im in a rush, so cant explain it further

I kinda get it. Placing it on top, you mean overlap in the exact position?

Rocketeer

the skybox is the limit
I kinda get it. Placing it on top, you mean overlap in the exact position?

"On top" in this context is right on the face of the wall (i.e not overlapping; think of the one-unit-think wall as icing and the other wall as cake)

Pages: [1]
« previous next »

spirit Powered by SMF 2.0 RC5 | SMF © 2006–2011, Simple Machines LLC