Forums

Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Can you shoot yourself with your own rocket?  (Read 788 times)
Offline  Midge
Maggot

It kinda sounds stupid, but I have no idea. Can you shoot a rocket, catch up to that rocket, and hit yourself with it? If you can't, is there a way to?

Thanks.

Rocketeer

the skybox is the limit
Absolutely! Rockets move at an absolute speed regardless of how fast you're going when you shoot them, so you can pass rockets if you're moving fast enough. Go on youtube and look up pilotstyle123, that guy loved bundling rockets like that (they're called "syncs").

Soldier

Hi
If your talking about a airshot on yourself with yr rocket then no, the rocket will pass through u

---------------------------
Hi

Rocketeer

Absolutely! Rockets move at an absolute speed regardless of how fast you're going when you shoot them, so you can pass rockets if you're moving fast enough. Go on youtube and look up pilotstyle123, that guy loved bundling rockets like that (they're called "syncs").

I think he meant shooting yourself directly, that isn't possible. It just goes through you.

Offline  Midge
Maggot

Yea, I meant airshotting myself. :P

Thanks for answering, I'm trying to get a jump in for the democall, but I pretty much need to airshot myself. Are there any plugins that allow me to save locations even if I switch teams? (I'm not sure if jump mode can do that) I figure I can airshot myself If the rocket was coming from the opposite team.
« Last Edit: January 04, 2013, 04:40:40 AM by Midge »

Rocketman

Yea, I meant airshotting myself. :P

Thanks for answering, I'm trying to get a jump in for the democall, but I pretty much need to airshot myself. Are there any plugins that allow me to save locations even if I switch teams? (I'm not sure if jump mode can do that) I figure I can airshot myself If the rocket was coming from the opposite team.

If it's something simple, consider using engineer.  JM does allow multi team saves in the same spot, but you'd also have to host it on a server, not sure if you can use it as a client plugin.

Offline  Midge
Maggot

Alright, thanks, I'll have to try it. I really appreciate it.

Offline  Nightin
Fly

You can save your position by using getpos in console, then binding setpos and the red numbers that follow it to a key and it works on both teams. No plugins required.

Offline  Midge
Maggot

You can save your position by using getpos in console, then binding setpos and the red numbers that follow it to a key and it works on both teams. No plugins required.

Thing is, though, I need to instantly respawn after switching teams.

Rocketman

No tears now; only dreams
Not possible... When you switch teams your rockets disappear.

Offline  Midge
Maggot

I found that out T~T

Well shit, I gotta come up with a new jump.

Offline  dellort
Rocketeer

Video Maker Extraordinaire
Have you tried enabling friendly fire?

Offline  Midge
Maggot

Yea, I thought of that. No cigar.

Pages: [1]
« previous next »

spirit Powered by SMF 2.0 RC5 | SMF © 2006–2011, Simple Machines LLC