Forums

Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: Speedshooting vs Speed Pogo  (Read 1487 times)
Rocketeer

the skybox is the limit
wow.. who the fuck thought up of that convoluted idea of what a skip is.... ffs if something is a pogo its a pogo.. speed is only applied cos you're going fast.... thus speedpogo, pogoing at speed... i mean.. why not just keep shit simple like that

weird ppl be weird i guess ^^

(note that despite my swearing and shit.. im not like... trying to be not nice or anything... just... my complete weirding out about this sillyness which this has turned out to be ie:naming conventions)

We have to make it more confusing.

Rocketman

wow.. who the fuck thought up of that convoluted idea of what a skip is.... ffs if something is a pogo its a pogo.. speed is only applied cos you're going fast.... thus speedpogo, pogoing at speed... i mean.. why not just keep shit simple like that

weird ppl be weird i guess ^^

(note that despite my swearing and shit.. im not like... trying to be not nice or anything... just... my complete weirding out about this sillyness which this has turned out to be ie:naming conventions)

http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/skip
skip verb \?skip\
skippedskipĀ·ping

Definition of SKIP

intransitive verb
a : to move or proceed with leaps and bounds or with a skip
b : to bound off one point after another : ricochet
a : to pass over or omit an interval, item, or step

Thus 'skipping' from platform to platform. While speedshotting can be done platform to platform, I imagine it's name was developed as a way of differentiating the two.

Offline  CrancK
Rocketeer

ehh... what?
dude...
still your definition of skip is useless if its just a pogo (or i understood wrong), and ill never agree with ppl about speedshot because its a silly name which doesnt give any hint as to what it means, besides going fast and shooting... which is ofc nearly all the time in jumps anyway

also, you defninition of skip does make it seem to me like you should hit ground, thus its not a pogo? thus that jump5 isnt a skip? also the platform to platform idea is irrelevant really. one could do it on solid ground or platforms or beams or whatever, it wouldnt matter much what the underground is.. as long as its shootable

but hey.. you can all have your silly naming, and ill have my silly naming ^^

---------------------------

Soldier

Hi
Seriously... We should like get a fucking definition cause all this shit is confusing alot of newbies, like me lol

---------------------------
Hi

Offline  X_DIAS
Rocketman

The world is a cube
I propose calling cheese to when you touch the ground, and bacon when you don't.

Now.....who's with me !

Pages: 1 [2]
« previous next »

spirit Powered by SMF 2.0 RC5 | SMF © 2006–2011, Simple Machines LLC