Forums

Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: Speedshooting vs Speed Pogo  (Read 1487 times)
Offline  aloy99
Maggot

What exactly is the difference between the two? I only find myself able to speed pogo when my initial jump is off a wall, with the rocket shot at a horizontal level, or when I'm jumping onto a higher platform. Any horizontal momentum just makes my second shot send me skipping upwards. I'm assuming I have to do a speedshot here, but how exactly am I supposed to do one? Wait to touch the ground? Are there any jump maps that will help with this?

Rocketman

Speedpogo is generally across a long flat surface, in which you need to keep yourself off the floor, and start to go really fast. As seen here at 7:02.  A speedshot (often called a skipjump) is when you are on the verge of hitting the floor, and you fire so that just as you start to touch, your rocket will connect and launch you forward/upward incredibly fast.  As seen at 2:51 in the video.

ãol Small | Large

Rocketeer

the skybox is the limit
Also pogo jumps should give you a smallish hit marker and do about 40-45 damage while speedshots should give you a bigger hitmarker and do 80-85 damage (fall damage not included).

Maggot

speed pogo means you don't touch the ground

speedshot is hitting the ground and shooting it with precise timing so your horizontal speed is maintained

a skip is something else gtfo kairu do you even play this game bro?

Rocketman

Most non-jumpers refer to those as skipjumps.  Don't hate the playa, hate the game.

Offline  CrancK
Rocketeer

ehh... what?
dude...
i call m skips cos speedshot is too undescriptive... like.. your at speed.. and you shoot... shit thats like... 99% of all shots... skips ftw!

---------------------------

Soldier

Hi
then wat da fuck is the diff between skips and speepshots. Ive been having arguing with Torii over this for how long already

Hi

Offline  Raiin
Soldier

Kangaroo-izzle
Apparently, I'm a robot.
Speedshot = you + rocket hit the ground at the same time.
Skip = you don't touch the ground while the rocket is hitting the ground.

Some people call speedshots, skips; like wonderland.
but majority of people will say speedshots are not skips.

if anything it makes more sense that speedpogo and skips are the same thing and speedshots are soooo obviously not skips if pogos = skips.

Choco is a jump nerd, his word is law...

speed pogo means you don't touch the ground

speedshot is hitting the ground and shooting it with precise timing so your horizontal speed is maintained

Rocketman

if anything it makes more sense that speedpogo and skips are the same thing and speedshots are soooo obviously not skips if pogos = skips.

The only metric I use to distinguish speedpogo and skips is the ability to slowpogo or not. Skips, often, are on platforms with varying heights.

Soldier

Hi
So... if a speedshot is when the rocket and yourself hit the ground at the same time and a skip is only the rocket hitting the ground then whats the diff between a speedpogo and a skip :/

Hi

Rocketman

jump_soar_a4

Jump 2 at 0:12 is speedpogo. Jump 5 at 0:58 are skips.

Rocketeer

Jump 2 at 0:12 is speedpogo. Jump 5 at 0:58 are skips.

And 1:45 is a speedshot

Soldier

Hi
Lol i always taught that 0:58 was a speedpogo but just on higher platforms lol and i taught 1:48 were skips

Hi

Soldier

Lol i always taught that 0:58 was a speedpogo but just on higher platforms lol and i taught 1:48 were skips
its the same but usually you say speedpogo if the platforms are connected or close to each other and usually not if any is higher then the other. skips are the same you can say a straight forward pogo is a skip jump although the name skip is usually used if you just flick above a platform that isnt connected with any other or there are not at the same high.

Offline  CrancK
Rocketeer

ehh... what?
dude...
wow.. who the fuck thought up of that convoluted idea of what a skip is.... ffs if something is a pogo its a pogo.. speed is only applied cos you're going fast.... thus speedpogo, pogoing at speed... i mean.. why not just keep shit simple like that

weird ppl be weird i guess ^^

(note that despite my swearing and shit.. im not like... trying to be not nice or anything... just... my complete weirding out about this sillyness which this has turned out to be ie:naming conventions)
« Last Edit: February 13, 2013, 12:02:54 PM by CrancK »

Pages: [1] 2
« previous next »

spirit Powered by SMF 2.0 RC5 | SMF © 2006–2011, Simple Machines LLC