Forums

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4
Author Topic: Jump Annex v5  (Read 6359 times)
Maggot

Bob is the name
Wow the screen shots look amazing ^^

Maggot

I've always liked annex.  I'll be looking forward to playing this.

Fly

Hi
I'm gonna love trying this, as Annex is my favorite jump map.  Good luck and keep it up!

Offline  Drexen
Rocketeer

So, I've finally got round to fixing up V3 as best as I can, so here is V4:
https://mega.co.nz/#!TFJVAKxK!D9WYHWZVF8ijN_1AjHBbWEO9TedERgW213ZKNsfhhBg

http://www4.zippyshare.com/v/48711894/file.html

Hopefully the lag on busy servers is a bit better, but the layout of the map is inherently laggy.
« Last Edit: April 25, 2013, 07:35:55 AM by Drexen »

Online  The BQE
Soldier

omg fuck yes!  Gonna go play this right now with what little time I have left before work.

edit: nevermind :(  I have to update flash in order to download it (the fuck?) and the latest flash update makes youtube videos unplayable.

Offline  Drexen
Rocketeer

Added a zippyshare link aswell. I've no problems with youtube and the latest flash btw

Offline  CrancK
Rocketeer

ehh... what?
dude...
hip hip hoooray!

---------------------------

Maggot

Annex_v4 Red 8 & 13

Not sure if that's how 13 is actually meant to be done or not but there it is.

I found Red 3 to be one of the hardest in the course, but maybe that's because I suck at walljumps and Blue 19 seemed substantially harder than the previous one and any other jumps in the course. Just my opinion.

Also I 'stuck' to the glass windows on jumps like Red 12 & 13, dunno if that was because my PC has lots of lag atm or if it was some weird map thing.

Possibly a little hard to navigate for some newbies but the speedrun potential for this map looks really nice, great job :)

Offline  Drexen
Rocketeer

Not sure if that's how 13 is actually meant to be done or not but there it is.

I found Red 3 to be one of the hardest in the course, but maybe that's because I suck at walljumps and Blue 19 seemed substantially harder than the previous one and any other jumps in the course. Just my opinion.

Also I 'stuck' to the glass windows on jumps like Red 12 & 13, dunno if that was because my PC has lots of lag atm or if it was some weird map thing.

That's exactly how you do red 8 and 13 in that video. Can't imagine why you'd find red 3 so hard considering you can do all the rest it seems. As for getting stuck to the glass, maybe you're standing on a join where glass meets a block below it? or maybe some brushes are bugged like that one jump in elysium...

Online  The BQE
Soldier

Fuck this looks beautiful.  Well worth the wait, drexen!  There are some jumps that are definitely more of a challenge. =)

Offline  Drexen
Rocketeer

So, apparently i've made one of the most broken maps ever. It seems if the map is uploaded to a public server, no triggers in the map work and rockets don't explode on surfaces.

Looks like it's gonna be another wait until v5, if i can find a fix to this hilarity.

The download links in the post remain, since the map seems to work fine single player wise. But please don't play it on a server, cause it wont work.

Fly

video games
So, apparently i've made one of the most broken maps ever. It seems if the map is uploaded to a public server, no triggers in the map work and rockets don't explode on surfaces.

Looks like it's gonna be another wait until v5, if i can find a fix to this hilarity.

The download links in the post remain, since the map seems to work fine single player wise. But please don't play it on a server, cause it wont work.

GG

btw if you find the problem tell me so i can make a bad map

Online  The BQE
Soldier

Hey I also noticed the auto regen doesn't refill after 4 rockets immediately on Blue 15.  Unless you drastically changed the way that jump was done...

I couldn't do it with just 4, and it didn't reload fast enough. 

Rocketeer

Hey I also noticed the auto regen doesn't refill after 4 rockets immediately on Blue 15.  Unless you drastically changed the way that jump was done...

I couldn't do it with just 4, and it didn't reload fast enough.
Try harder, blu course is fine, didn't really try red yet.

Offline  Fishy
Maggot

Some kid
Seems pretty awesome from what i've played! Great work!

The best kind of friend is the kind you can sit on a
porch swing with, never say a word and then walk away
feeling like it was the best conversation you've ever had.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4
« previous next »

spirit Powered by SMF 2.0 RC5 | SMF © 2006–2011, Simple Machines LLC