Forums

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4
Author Topic: Jump Annex v5  (Read 6359 times)
Offline  Drexen
Rocketeer

So, found the fix. Here's the hopefully final, v5:

http://www47.zippyshare.com/v/82635562/file.html
https://mega.co.nz/#!WV4g2AzQ!dHAw6nB5OpP6sD7WqtXhwRurbIE9c6Q15gQQcvMm93Q

For those interested, there were too many func_lod entities (about 250), so they were cut back to 60 in v5.

Online  The BQE
Soldier

Hey I also noticed the auto regen doesn't refill after 4 rockets immediately on Blue 15.  Unless you drastically changed the way that jump was done...

I couldn't do it with just 4, and it didn't reload fast enough.
Try harder, blu course is fine, didn't really try red yet.

Ha, you're right of course.  I eventually got it.  It's just a tad more difficult than before now.

Rocketeer

the skybox is the limit
How did you manage to find that fix? Did you just arbitrarily decide to remove func_lod entities or was there something that made you realize the entities were causing the problem?

Offline  Drexen
Rocketeer

Well between v3 and v4 all that i changed was adding visclusters and lod brushes to help with the frame rate problems. First test was compiling without visclusters (it still bugged), so it must be the lod brushes. Then i just grouped together nearby brushes into one entity to reduce the number, compiled, and it was fixed. Each test had to be uploaded and tested on a server though, made it a little bit more annoying

Rocketeer

the skybox is the limit
Awesome, I'll have to try out this map now because fps issues crippled v3 for me

Maggot

Just booted up the map. The whole open-map thing is really distracting. I dont know if you plan on adding more colors/textures, but each jump was really confusing. Someone who has never played v2 would be extremely lost.

Jump difficulties have definitely been ramped up. Is there a reason jump blu 18 from v2 was removed? Sorry if this was already posted and I missed it.
« Last Edit: April 29, 2013, 05:25:30 PM by JoinedSenses »

Online  The BQE
Soldier

Wanted to add - this is probably me being inexperienced and really nitpicky, but the floor textures compared to v2 make it difficult to gauge how fast I'm going (makes jumps like Blu 15 more about feel). 

Offline  Fishy
Maggot

Some kid
Someone who has never played v2 would be extremely lost.

I hadn't played v2 (only v1) and I found my way around after at most a minute of looking... I wouldn't say it is bad with direction.

---------------------------
The best kind of friend is the kind you can sit on a
porch swing with, never say a word and then walk away
feeling like it was the best conversation you've ever had.

Rocketman

Are you not supposed to get regen on the double for red-9? If so, I'm not getting it.  If not, that seems pretty hard to be this early in red.

Someone who has never played v2 would be extremely lost.

I hadn't played v2 (only v1) and I found my way around after at most a minute of looking... I wouldn't say it is bad with direction.

Only one I was lost on for a moment was blu-14? The sync that wraps back over top of itself, i didn't realize it did, as the older version didn't.

Rocketman

No tears now; only dreams
Not sure how I feel about this compared to v2. The only things that were bad abt it tbh were red last and red 8. You've made some confusing changes to the map imo.

1. Why make blue course harder?

2. Blue last is also now terrible. Before it could be done consistently. Precise skips like what you've made are inherently inconsistent and i can foresee it being a total speedrun killer already (think rebound 3, soar 18, hopstep 2). It's also way way harder than the rest of the blue course and even bunch of red's lvls. Imo make the first skip more forgiving like v2's blue last.

3. Red's changes were overall for the better I'd say. You made some of the lvls easier and some of them harder which seems confusing (for instance, red 2 now feels like a harder level than some of the later red lvls). The removal of red 8 and improving red last def made the course a lot better though. red last might even be too easy now.

4. There's no back tele on red 12

5. Red 7 can easily be cheated with a series of doubles. Even if you make the pillar next to it not shootable, remember, ppl can just tele double instead.

6. Red 9 is now laughably easy. Make the dividers back into squares/rectangles imo (maybe leave the second section with the trapezoid shaped pillars). Also no regen at the top of the divider makes it inconsistent for the sync.

7. Thank god there's no more of those teleport doors. I fuckin hated getting stuck on the stupid frames. Also, lookswise I think it's better compared to v2. It feels a bit confusing tho but I'm sure with more playtime it'll be fine. I'm sure there's some epic shortcuts to be found.

Also this map should be taken off jujumpit. How you can consider it a beginner's map is beyond me.

---------------------------

Rocketman

Also this map should be taken off jujumpit. How you can consider it a beginner's map is beyond me.

Annex was sort of voted as a jujumpit map upon jujumpits creation on the grounds that it starts easy, the blue course is fairly simple (and still is minus that last jump).

You know how many maps would be on jujumpit if you removed anything that had a hard course / increasing difficulty? 5.

Offline  Yami
Rocketeer

Same reason jump_littleman_v3 or v4 is on jujumpit. The BLU course is easy.

Offline  Avaray
Maggot

,,i,,_(-_-)_,,i,,
V5: More lights, more brighness, please.

Rocketman

V5: More lights, more brighness, please.

You seem to have this problem on many maps.  Try upping your gamma a bit? Annex is more than bright enough.

Offline  Avaray
Maggot

,,i,,_(-_-)_,,i,,
I have proper gamma in every game - in TF2 too. Maybe you dont see problem because you have too big gamma?

Just maps like annex_v5, 4starters_rc1 or jump_bomb have dark rooms. Only for me? I think not.
When the sun is shining they are impossible to play. I heard about it many times on my server.

PS. Two maps =/= many.

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4
« previous next »

spirit Powered by SMF 2.0 RC5 | SMF © 2006–2011, Simple Machines LLC