Forums

Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Help with a jump on upward  (Read 506 times)
Maggot

There's a jump i REALLY want to do properly on upward. It's close to the Red first spawn point. It begins at that fence where there's some ammo and small health. Basically i wanna get from there to Blu first spawn. I get the first  jump from the fence and the two small boosts correctly, but the fourth jump where you slide over the small slope on the left side, there is just stop dead, i have no idea what i'm doing wrong, so yeah. Need some help.
If you didn't get what i'm talking about, watch this at 1:14 for reference.
ï‹ Small | Large
« Last Edit: February 13, 2013, 12:39:41 PM by a1mystery »

Rocketman

Move fast into any ramp or displacement and you will slide. Just do your best to not be coming from above too directly, so that your momentum is forward.

Maggot

I do know what i have to do, but you know the last shot you have to fire? That one does nothing to move me forward or give me speed. I basically just stop, or i make a smalll hop or something.

Rocketman

I do know what i have to do, but you know the last shot you have to fire? That one does nothing to move me forward or give me speed. I basically just stop, or i make a smalll hop or something.

Try aiming straight down as to have the rocket explode behind you to give more forward push.  Alternately you could probably speedshot, but that may not be worth the health, and you'll likely go much further than he does in the video.

Maggot

Try aiming straight down as to have the rocket explode behind you to give more forward push.  Alternately you could probably speedshot, but that may not be worth the health, and you'll likely go much further than he does in the video.

I NEVER get the timing right for the last rocket, I have done this properly with the speedshot maybe once in 30-40+ tries... and also the speedshot works for me in the third rocket perfectly. But on the fourth one, i always mess up the timing  :(  :'(. Same with the straight down.

Rocketman

and also the speedshot works for me in the third rocket perfectly. But on the fourth one, i always mess up the timing  :(  :'(. Same with the straight down.

That may be the problem.  The third isn't a speedshot, he never touches, he just uses it to keep himself off the ground.  As far as I can tell, none of them were, but the 4th is likely replaceable with one, and you could probably strafe to anywhere around that open area with one.

Maggot

No no, I mean that it only works when i do the third as a speedshot. I have done it once without any speedshot etc. and multiple times by using more rockets, but i can't get it to work properly with the third one as a normal shot.

Rocketman

No no, I mean that it only works when i do the third as a speedshot. I have done it once without any speedshot etc. and multiple times by using more rockets, but i can't get it to work properly with the third one as a normal shot.

I know he runs a bunch of plugins on his server.  Maybe this is something that removes fall damage?  I tried for about 10 minutes and was able to speedshot it consistently, but like you, couldn't quite get the normal shot.

Maggot

I highly doubt the no fall damage since i can hear the fall damage sound when he is high enough to take it. BUT, there COULD be some plugin to help with the jump. BUT, he does fail the same jump near the end of the video. SO, maybe that jump was a one in a million lucky one?

Pages: [1]
« previous next »

spirit Powered by SMF 2.0 RC5 | SMF © 2006–2011, Simple Machines LLC