Forums

Pages: [1]
Author Topic: My First Jump Movie  (Read 523 times)
Offline  Hovair
Maggot

Hello I have made my first Jump Movie and I would love some advice for future projects or some constructive criticism. My jump movie was very amateur jumps like using Littleman and Beef and Quba. I wanted to just get easy jumps but I plan on doing harder and better jumps for future projects of mine.

Link to video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gbsVPrSn0n8
The Movie is called The Algorithm

Soldier

for jump movies you should never use jumps that are intended to be done like in your video. almost every jump was done like it was build.
there are a lot of jumps that are done but be creative maybe you can find some other.
2/10 hard but fair, dont take this too hard :)
keep working on your jumps maybe you will release a better one later

Rocketeer

I think you should try to improve your jumping before you make another video, so it looks cool. And like Derdotte said, try to avoid using jumps like they were intended.

Also, if you use fraps turn the pop-ups from steam off.

---------------------------

Offline  Hovair
Maggot

I really appreciate the tips. I use a mac so i dont use fraps but I will try and see if i cant turn them off. I will work hard to be a better rocket jumping soldier for my next video cause I realize that some of these jumps are extremely noobish. Thank you once again

Offline  Exile
Rocketeer

Couldn't think of something clever to put
It pains me to see W strafing on that littleman jump, but you should try to do creative jumps rather than normal ones in maps. Aside that you just need to practice

---------------------------
@@@@@@@@@@@@@

Offline  juc_tav
Maggot

So, I think you should try to make another one later, pratice a bit more and, do more crative jumps, as exile said. Also, no one likes to see you failing like in  4:04 and in 3:26 .You should try  more and different maps, longer demos, but not a walkthrough of some parts of a map like you did in legion and in beef. Try to organize the demos, put the effects in the right time. So anyway, wait and pratice more for you post a bit more hard maps. I am sure that you got inspired from someone and tryed to do it yourself.

Offline  juc_tav
Maggot

So, I think you should try to make another one later, pratice a bit more and, do more crative jumps, as exile said. Also, no one likes to see you failing like in  4:04 and in 3:26 .You should try  more and different maps, longer demos, but not a walkthrough of some parts of a map like you did in legion and in beef. Try to organize the demos, put the effects in the right time. So anyway, wait and pratice more for you post a bit more hard maps. I am sure that you got inspired from someone and tryed to do it yourself.

bit more hard jumps, I ment in the final.

Pages: [1]
« previous next »

spirit Powered by SMF 2.0 RC5 | SMF © 2006–2011, Simple Machines LLC