Forums

Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Ctap questions  (Read 759 times)
Offline  Derek
Maggot

I've been practicing ctaps lately, getting better. But I've noticed I can't ctap on downslopes (conversely, ctaps on upslopes are really easy). Is this normal? Is it really difficult to ctap on downslopes,, or is it not possible at all?

Rocketman

I've been practicing ctaps lately, getting better. But I've noticed I can't ctap on downslopes (conversely, ctaps on upslopes are really easy). Is this normal? Is it really difficult to ctap on downslopes,, or is it not possible at all?

Going to assume the problem is because 'behind you' is higher up the slope.  You won't get as much height because you're not hitting below you as much or at all.

Offline  Derek
Maggot

I don't think so. I have no problem doing a normal rocket jump on slopes, and a ctap doesn't work even when I look straight down.

Offline  Exile
Rocketeer

Couldn't think of something clever to put
If you're trying to ctap and it doesn't work, you're obviously not ctapping at all

---------------------------
@@@@@@@@@@@@@

Offline  Derek
Maggot

Except it works perfectly fine on flat ground and up slopes. Surely I can't be the only one to notice this.

I mean, I'm not perfect, I'm still practicing it, but I can get a successful ctap at least 50% of the time on flat ground or an upslope in combat. But never, never, on a downslope.

I first noticed this on koth_arctic. I was trying to ctap from the roof of the hut on the right to the top of the crates in the middle. This should be quite easy, a normal rocket jump will easily work, but every time I tried to ctap it, it completely whiffed.

I can easily ctap from the back of the hut roof, with tons of room to spare even though it's further away, and I can ctap from the ground underneath the hut, even though it's much lower. But from the front of the roof, where it slopes down, I cannot ctap.

Here is an image if you're not familiar with the map. You can see where I jumped from the blast marks.
« Last Edit: March 15, 2013, 02:14:54 AM by Derek »

Soldier

i think the answer is pretty easy why it maybe not works this picture should answer a bit:

the program i used is geogebra a math program
the body always stands on the highest point he can touch in a slope but the rockets model is smaller and so it can pass a bit.
« Last Edit: March 15, 2013, 03:28:41 AM by derdotte »

Soldier

Hi
Firstly... Maybe u should go to jump_ctap_test and see if your jumps are actually a ctap first. Cause i thought i had got ctap down but i realized i didnt when i saw ctap jumps

Hi

Offline  Derek
Maggot

i think the answer is pretty easy why it maybe not works this picture should answer a bit:

the program i used is geogebra a math program
the body always stands on the highest point he can touch in a slope but the rockets model is smaller and so it can pass a bit.
This certainly sounds plausible, but can anyone else confirm that they have the same problem? Some people here seem skeptical, which suggests that they can do it.

Firstly... Maybe u should go to jump_ctap_test and see if your jumps are actually a ctap first. Cause i thought i had got ctap down but i realized i didnt when i saw ctap jumps
I can't quite make it over the top of the 685 wall (the lower one). Specifically, my highest jumps are just high enough to see over the top. This is still substantially higher than a normal rocket jump, so I know it's not perfect, but it is something.

Soldier

Hi
Hmm sorry about that 685 is pretty high to do but a regular rocket jump is like 550 units so u should try anything above that. jump_measure

Hi

Pages: [1]
« previous next »

spirit Powered by SMF 2.0 RC5 | SMF © 2006–2011, Simple Machines LLC