Forums

Pages: [1]
Author Topic: +duck on mouse2  (Read 429 times)
Offline  cough
Maggot

Firstly, heys - Amazing forum. Wealth of knowledge for jumpers here and it's really appreciated.

My question is pretty straightforward - Key configurations are largely preference, so no need to repeat that back to me - I simply want to know if having duck bound to mouse2 can be detrimental to jumping in terms of getting consistent with ctaps. Right now it feels easier, but that could just be to inexperience and confusing partial ctaps with getting good distance consistently (granary ramp jump etc).

In general mouse2 for duck seems to give me the best consistency on my jumps, but I'm pretty flexible - Simply don't want to get into bad practice and regret it when I try and get my ctaps down proper.

Help is appreciated, thanks in advance and great forum.

Offline  Exile
Rocketeer

Couldn't think of something clever to put
If you're comfortable with your keybinds and you get the. results you want, stick with it. I personally just use default keys for everything, just got used to it.

---------------------------
@@@@@@@@@@@@@

Offline  cough
Maggot

Nah I hear you. If having duck on mouse2 won't hamper or stop me getting consistent ctaps, then I'm rolling with it. Simply wanted to know if it's something that's ill advised or whatever.

Rocketman

Nah I hear you. If having duck on mouse2 won't hamper or stop me getting consistent ctaps, then I'm rolling with it. Simply wanted to know if it's something that's ill advised or whatever.

As long as crouch, fire, and jump are on separate keys, you aren't going to hamper yourself in any way, supposing you're comfortable with it.

Some keys are pretty dumb, like having crouch on Q and jump on E or something like that, since you won't be able to comfortably strafe anymore, but something like duck on mouse2 is perfectly fine.  I currently use that for dropitem, being the bball superstar I am.  8)

Offline  cough
Maggot

All I wanted to hear.

Figured out the problem with my ctaps too and ironically it had nothing to do with the timing, simply a case of bad placement on the rockets getting me just short where I wanted to go.

Can lock this up now I guess. Cheers for the help.

Pages: [1]
« previous next »

spirit Powered by SMF 2.0 RC5 | SMF © 2006–2011, Simple Machines LLC