Forums

Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Lefty problems (Need advise from anyone)  (Read 760 times)
Offline  Argent
Maggot

Hi Tf2Jump,

So even if you're not lefty I would like your input aswell.  ;)

Ok so I've been playing soldier for a little more than 300 hours now and because I'm a lefty and use the mouse with my left I flipped my view models (this puts the rocket launcher on the soldiers left shoulder and rockets come out of the left) . This just felt more natural because now I could flick my wrist outward. The problem is I really want to get into advance rocket jumping but most jump maps are designed for right handed people. I know I could reverse the map in some sort of editor but I don't know how. :P Also it seems roll outs on the left are slower due to the lack of walls or objects.

SOOO, I was wondering what you guys think. Should I keep the flipped view models and just learn to jump really good on my right side when I need to or go back to the original view models???

Soldier

Stick with using the left side, you should be able to complete 95% of maps with it. I cant really think of a map you would NEED to use the right wall, i mean, maybe certain jumps, (Everest 8 comes to mind) but you can do it with left viewmodel, it might be a tad harder though.

tl ; dr - Stick with what feels natural/better to you.

Offline  ~LeoFLT
Fly

Smoke w33d everyday
Interesting topic to talk about eh? Im lefty and use normal viewmodels, i just got used to it as the time passed, but in your case try to stick with what feels better for you, but if you want to try the eleven way and practice day and night ;D

Offline  Argent
Maggot

Okay, thanks Ancient for the advise, didn't know that most are able to be done on the opposite side.

Leo just out of curiosity do you use your left hand for the mouse as well? Becuase there are alot of left handed people that still use the mouse with thier right. Also, what was elevens case?

Rocketeer

If you still have problems with it you can also switch to the original.

---------------------------

Offline  X_DIAS
Rocketman

The world is a cube
I would really like a system to be created that would let you use 2 mouses, one for the aiming and one for the movement

That would be really intresting

Soldier

I would really like a system to be created that would let you use 2 mouses, one for the aiming and one for the movement

That would be really intresting
it is possible to use the mouse for movement although you really have to set the dpi really high i mean so high that it isnt possible yet (maybe?) hold alt and move your mouse ;)

Offline  X_DIAS
Rocketman

The world is a cube
it is possible to use the mouse for movement although you really have to set the dpi really high i mean so high that it isnt possible yet (maybe?) hold alt and move your mouse ;)

On tf2? :0

Soldier

On tf2? :0
yes^^ its just very slow

Rocketeer

the skybox is the limit
It's also hilarious because you don't necessarily move at the maxspeed of your tf2 character, so you could play as a scout and try to move exactly as fast as a spy while not holding the baby face's blaster to convince all your teammates that you are a spy

Offline  Argent
Maggot

If you still have problems with it you can also switch to the original.

Thats true but I love the default so much.

Also if I did keep the flipped view models and the map only has a right side wall pogo would I have to do it facing backwards?

Offline  ~LeoFLT
Fly

Smoke w33d everyday
Okay, thanks Ancient for the advise, didn't know that most are able to be done on the opposite side.

Leo just out of curiosity do you use your left hand for the mouse as well? Becuase there are alot of left handed people that still use the mouse with thier right. Also, what was elevens case?
Yes i do, and eleven's case was day and night practice of wallpogo, well, i must say it worked pretty well.
Edit:Original maeks teh rollout of teh winners
« Last Edit: June 01, 2013, 01:28:52 PM by ~LeoFLT »

Offline  Argent
Maggot

Yes i do, and eleven's case was day and night practice of wallpogo, well, i must say it worked pretty well.
Edit:Original maeks teh rollout of teh winners

Does he use flipped view models too?

Offline  ~LeoFLT
Fly

Smoke w33d everyday
nope, all normal, he just really tried hard...
Original is the best choice IF you want to use both walls as it makes both use the same scheme rather than flicking on a left wall, give it a try it may work for you...

Pages: [1]
« previous next »

spirit Powered by SMF 2.0 RC5 | SMF © 2006–2011, Simple Machines LLC