Forums

Pages: [1]
Author Topic: 7 Rocket Syncs  (Read 1404 times)
Offline  Torii
Soldier

Whirlwind "Torii Hurricane"
I've been testing a 7 rocket sync (done in the usual quint-syncing style) that I made in Hammer, but it seems to me that I can't go any higher than what I would get with a quint, I figured it might be a velocity cap, but then again, a quint compared to a 7-rocket sync on a ramp gets a lot less distance and height.

Am I just jumping terribly or is there some source engine physics shit going on?

---------------------------

Online  11
Fly

Jump Around!
IIRC There's a 3500 u/s cap for player speed in every axis, so vertically your max speed is actually 3500 u/s, which you can get with like 6 rocket sync, or even 5, not sure. But, you can get a much higher total speed, if you use rockets to get both vertical, and horizontal speed. The speed cap then is slightly less than 4950 u/s total, and ~6060 u/s if you go diagonally

Rocketeer

the skybox is the limit
If a solid quint maxes out your z velocity, then why is there water on the quint on baqu last?

Offline  X_DIAS
Rocketman

The world is a cube
bicose qUba nob

Rocketman

No tears now; only dreams
iirc there is a velocity cap. Without it, you hit the skybox on trix with a perfect 7 rocket sync.

---------------------------

Online  11
Fly

Jump Around!
If a solid quint maxes out your z velocity, then why is there water on the quint on baqu last?
As I said, not sure if you'll max out with a solid quint, but even if you did, water is probably there so you get a consistent 3500 u/s, so the jump is not about getting a really good quint AND a triple ceiling sync, but only about getting a triple ceiling sync.

Offline  QuBA
Soldier

Thats just so you get 3500 u/s consistently without needing a perfect sync. Shouldve just been a quad+water though tbh.

Edit: How did I not see 11s post and yes, you get 3500 u/s with just a quint.
« Last Edit: June 13, 2013, 10:10:25 AM by QuBA »

Rocketeer

the skybox is the limit
makes sense

Fly

Just call me trey
Do what 11 said, go horizontally as well as vertically

Pages: [1]
« previous next »

spirit Powered by SMF 2.0 RC5 | SMF © 2006–2011, Simple Machines LLC