Forums

Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Skip Jump Record  (Read 787 times)
Offline  Krocket
Maggot

Easily Surpassed
Since it's timing can be difficult I was wondering if there's a record for the most amount of successful Skip Jumps in a row. I remember in a jump movie Quba did 7 zigzagging around (can't remember which map) and people were freaking out. Bounces are the same thing right? Anyways, personal bests from anyone?

---------------------------
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Offline  dellort
Rocketeer

Video Maker Extraordinaire
QuBA did nine in my last jump vid, I haven't seen anyone do more but I might be wrong. The most "good" speedshots I've done personally is six, never really spent much time on it though since the most a jump map usually requires is three.

Offline  Guyyst
Fly

was bored so i made a speedshot map real quick
It's basically a really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really long platform.

http://www.mediafire.com/download/y7fr0d63b313joe/jump_speedshot_a1.bsp

Rocketeer

the skybox is the limit
Keep in mind that if you never tap s at all or do any turns or anything, you'll start going faster and faster and speedshots will become increasingly difficult; if you are regularly turning corners or tapping s to maintain a speed limit then it'll be easier to continuously chain speedshots.

Offline  snufkin
Soldier

hurtme -9999999
it was rj_rocketeer

Fly

Just call me trey
Keep in mind that if you never tap s at all or do any turns or anything, you'll start going faster and faster and speedshots will become increasingly difficult; if you are regularly turning corners or tapping s to maintain a speed limit then it'll be easier to continuously chain speedshots.
it was rj_rocketeer
Yep. Notice how quba didn't strafe to avoid the walls in the video, just hit them at an angle to lose a portion of his speed

Offline  Exile
Rocketeer

Couldn't think of something clever to put

@@@@@@@@@@@@@

Offline  Krocket
Maggot

Easily Surpassed
People keep calling them different fucking things. Even when I look it up it's contradicting. I'd been calling them speedshots for months and all of the sudden like 5 people tell me it's skip jumps (which is what I called it when I hit the ground) and now you guys are telling me to say it the way I was D:

Soldier

skip = you do not touch it
speedshot = you touch it for a split second
if you mean jumps where you not touch the ground i think if you mapped it well you can get infinite skip jumps.
speedshots are more timing based i think quba holds the record with 9 in a row

Rocketeer

Basically what derdotte said. Most people go with this. Some don't (crank....).

Online  QuBA
Soldier

Yep. Notice how quba didn't strafe to avoid the walls in the video, just hit them at an angle to lose a portion of his speed

That wasnt intentional and that would be a silly way to reduce your speed.

Offline  Torii
Soldier

Whirlwind "Torii Hurricane"
pro combustion once got 18 in a row in the dystopia "hub", it was on skype though so I can't confirm.

Soldier

Hi
pro combustion once got 18 in a row in the dystopia "hub", it was on skype though so I can't confirm.
18 but i dont think some are like "good" speedshots and it was going round and round the building in dystopia and my speed doesnt increase so its basically not that hard.

Hi

Fly

Just call me trey
That wasnt intentional and that would be a silly way to reduce your speed.
I dunno, I thought it was pretty clever

Pages: [1]
« previous next »

spirit Powered by SMF 2.0 RC5 | SMF © 2006–2011, Simple Machines LLC