Forums

Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: A new, cool jump map! w/ easter eggs. jump_cortex  (Read 1053 times)
Offline  Omrimg2
Maggot

http://tf2.gamebanana.com/maps/174912

My remake of my jump map, Please comment and rate the map, it mean a lot to me. Hope you like it :)

Fun map, newbie friendly, lots of stages (and easter eggs).

This download includes 2 versions, first version is normal, no mods required to play the map. second version is advanced, for server operators that already have SM installed with infinite ammo + buddha.

VIDEO:
Team Fortress 2 - A new jump map! jump_cortex! (FULL HD)

enjoy.

Rocketeer

You didnt just add regen on the second version?

---------------------------

Soldier

just played this map and i feel its not that hard at all nothing really new and some problems.
first the regen:
you can use the "trigger_hurt" block entity to make an overall better regen the regen from func_regenerate can kill you if you do not watch but you need both to refill ammo too.
then the way you tried to make walls unshootable was kinda strange you can just use "func_nogrenades" and put it over the wall that will destroy the rockets and do not bug them.
then the big wall part was really boring you can just jump the big wall completly up that maybe needs some work.
the last jump of the pogo part went completly harder then all other jumps before maybe a bit too hard overall. (or i just struggled there a lot xD)
the latest jumps are with dev textures that said me that you just wanted to finish this map it just does not look that good overall.
but for your first map its okay :)

Offline  Omrimg2
Maggot

You didnt just add regen on the second version?
Hello :)
It's my friend map :) So I didn't make the map, but i'll show him this thread.

Offline  Omrimg2
Maggot

just played this map and i feel its not that hard at all nothing really new and some problems.
first the regen:
you can use the "trigger_hurt" block entity to make an overall better regen the regen from func_regenerate can kill you if you do not watch but you need both to refill ammo too.
then the way you tried to make walls unshootable was kinda strange you can just use "func_nogrenades" and put it over the wall that will destroy the rockets and do not bug them.
then the big wall part was really boring you can just jump the big wall completly up that maybe needs some work.
the last jump of the pogo part went completly harder then all other jumps before maybe a bit too hard overall. (or i just struggled there a lot xD)
the latest jumps are with dev textures that said me that you just wanted to finish this map it just does not look that good overall.
but for your first map its okay :)
Hello
It's my friend map  So I didn't make the map, but i'll show him this thread.

Soldier

My remake of my jump map

lol

Offline  Omrimg2
Maggot

My remake of my jump map

lol
Yes, I posted it in my name but he wrote it.
So hard to understand...?
lol.

Rocketeer

the skybox is the limit
My remake of my jump map

lol
Yes, I posted it in my name but he wrote it.
So hard to understand...?
lol.

actually this is pretty confusing.

Fly

Just call me trey
Am I the only one completely confused by the video?

Rocketman

90% of what I played seemed like it should have teleports but didn't... 8% caused me to kill or come within 10 hp of killing myself. 2% was actually reminiscent of a modern jump map (The 3 pogo jumps)

Ended up killing myself 3 times and saying "fuck this".

Also, lol@the download having multiple bsp's, one that relies on sourcemod commands...

Soldier

Hi
i hoped the jumps where more creative. the third last jump seemed a little odd. 2 bsps? wtf to that lol

Hi

Offline  Omrimg2
Maggot

90% of what I played seemed like it should have teleports but didn't... 8% caused me to kill or come within 10 hp of killing myself. 2% was actually reminiscent of a modern jump map (The 3 pogo jumps)

Ended up killing myself 3 times and saying "fuck this".

Also, lol@the download having multiple bsp's, one that relies on sourcemod commands...
Did you even read what I wrote? LOL.

Rocketman

Did you even read what I wrote? LOL.

Yes, I read it. How is that relevant to what i said at all? If your map doesn't have a failure state (other than killing yourself (great job managing to screw that up)) then there isn't really a point of it.  It's not designed well for freestyle, and is not designed well as an actual challenge map.

As for the two versions: I laughed. Did you even read what I wrote? LOL

If you're making a map that relies on a server having sourcemod installed. YOU ARE DOING SOMETHING TERRIBLY WRONG. All current maps that are on jump servers in no way require sourcemod.  The only maps that DO require some sort of mod are Cranck's freestyle map that has custom jump pads (that require his jump pad plugin), and bshear's niche coop maps. Both for obvious reasons.

No other maps require sourcemod. That should not be a thing that is required, and maybe you should work on the map a bit.  Oh wait, it's not 'yours' you just claimed it then dis-owned it because you were too lazy to write 20 seconds worth of text promoting it, and copied a gamebanana page description instead.

Rocketeer

the skybox is the limit
No offense, but I don't see this map getting very much play time on jump servers.

Offline  Shunix
Soldier

Awooooo!
if anyone was wondering this is the original map
http://tf2.gamebanana.com/maps/167817

it hasnt changed much at all

Pages: [1] 2
« previous next »

spirit Powered by SMF 2.0 RC5 | SMF © 2006–2011, Simple Machines LLC