Forums

Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Jump_Wolf  (Read 1094 times)
Offline  Shunix
Soldier

Awooooo!
My third map!

soldier map(possible as demo)

16 jumps 1 bonus

big fun!

(leave yo feedback down below)

Tusic made a video!
TF2 : JUMP_WOLF

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Update!

wont be updating again untill valve fix cubemaps

ready for timers

enjoy!

X====[ https://www.dropbox.com/s/c46w6bhyp5io1ra/jump_wolf.bsp ]====X

-Shunix <3
« Last Edit: August 13, 2013, 12:46:32 PM by Shunix »

---------------------------

Maggot

Nice map, nice textures, dislike the surf jump but that's personal opinion, and I had no idea how to do the bonus.

I found no bugs, but the teleports on some of the jumps with doors are kind of annoying. On number 7, i noticed that you teleport well before the door closes which is a bit frustrating. I'm quite a noob to hammer myself, but i thought you could parent the teleports to the doors, so that they move together(?) Might be worth changing it if that's possible.

Keep up the good work.

Fly

((|Crayola|(>
Pretty fun map, I always liked the striped jump_yucca/mouse design that you're using. On jump 5, when going through the hole before the button I would prefer if there wasn't teleports on the sides/top part of the hole, it's kind of annoying to be reset by that imo. 7 was really fun, used a pre-fired rocket instead of a shotgun. On 11 the roof doens't really need a teleport, just makes the jump annoying. At some parts of the map almost everything that was reflective/shiny showed a distorted missing texture ( This has always been a thing for me when looking at water from a distance, anyone know how to fix it?)      and

Tic's previously owned dog

Rocketman

No tears now; only dreams
Jeez there have been a lot of maps lately... Will test this out...

edit:

Just played it. Pretty fun map.

1) 11 seems a bit too easy compared to the few previous lvls. Just read jakey's post that there's a tele on the ceiling. Didn't even notice. Chances are if you hit the ceiling you're prolly going to fail the lvl anyways.

2) 13's last pillar is unnecessary and probably even makes the lvl harder by trying to hit it. Skipping the last pillar also allows you to double on that lower plat pretty easily, which I assume is a ctap or something? The number 13 is also a bit too hard to see in that spinny thing. The lvl also seems quite easy for where it is. 10 for instance seems like a harder lvl imo.

3) I hope the timed teles on lvl 8 and 13 only affect a single person. May need a redesign otherwise it'll get annoying if there's a bunch of ppl on those lvls at the same time. Also not sure I like that glass you go thru on 8.

4) 14 is an awesome lvl. Maybe clean up the ramps a bit like jurf for a later release?

5) Bonus could use teles to the lvl select at start and end of it.

6) I don't rly like the alternating black/white colors for the numbers, one or the other would be better imo. Black with lights shining on them could make them bright enough to see. And some are transparent and some aren't. And the 9 and 11 are both white instead of alternating at the lvl select. Add another lvl to fix the symmetry plz !!!

Overall a solid map imo, your best yet. Will be fun to speedrun, though the speedshots like on 16 will prolly kill me. Definitely feels a lot cleaner than your others, jumps and looks wise. It does seem a bit dark, but that may be my laptop idk. Also nice to see someone else using my mapping resource vmf :D
« Last Edit: July 06, 2013, 09:18:41 PM by Afterglow »

Offline  Shunix
Soldier

Awooooo!
Beta 2!

Offline  Shunix
Soldier

Awooooo!
Update!

Offline  Shunix
Soldier

Awooooo!
 :-*

Offline  Shunix
Soldier

Awooooo!
Check out Tusic's video!

Offline  bombs
Fly

wow man this map is absolutely beautiful! great job with the textures! while the emphasis on speedshots makes it a little annoying personally i really dig the feel of this map and like glow said this is definitely your best yet! keep making the maps man!

Maggot

Textures look really nice, remind me of jump_what.
cool map dude. ;D

!conc

Pages: [1]
« previous next »

spirit Powered by SMF 2.0 RC5 | SMF © 2006–2011, Simple Machines LLC