Forums

Pages: [1] 2 3
Author Topic: Jump map difficulty ranking  (Read 4061 times)
Rocketman

No tears now; only dreams
Jump map ranking I drafted up. These are made with the consideration of speedrunning them which is why bigbutt is in the hard section for example, even though it could be in the beginner part. Within the categories they're ranked from easiest to hardest (i.e. in the pro soldier section, squared is lower than sync since it's harder). So you can think of the lists as one big chain of maps ranked from easiest to hardest.

I know I'm missing maps so suggest them and where they should go. And I know ppl will prolly disagree with some of my rankings, just lay it on me.

The c's refer to courses (i.e. c1 = course 1). Also, when I say full I mean without bonuses.

Links to map downloads:
http://jumpit.site.nfoservers.com/server/maps/
http://jujumpit.site.nfoservers.com/server/maps/
http://www.tf2newbs.com/forum/index.php/topic,2150.0/wap2.html

Soldier Jump Maps:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Demoman Jump Maps:

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: July 26, 2013, 09:44:20 PM by Afterglow »

---------------------------

Offline  CrancK
Rocketeer

ehh... what?
dude...
hmmm. the way you layed it out atm, i'd say

hobo and hobo2 -> Easy last name, or Medium first one

rj_rckteer_adv_2 -> Hard (cos you just cant put it in same group as tholos/pagoda/cheval, rckteer adv is soo much more annoying/hardish)

abuq2 and 3 im not sure, since i always mess the names of quba maps up in my head.

and silly -> Hard i think (like.. after rook, but before Soar?, not really sure though)
(though if you split into courses, then c1 =medium and c2= hard (or pro maybe even cos last 2 jumps?))

Though the Medium category is quite huge here and well i do kinda agree on it mostly, just that a lot of maps in there are "start easy and end less easy", it feels a bit off.. but likely can't improve that anyway, its just cos of the way maps are made, makin m harder to rank

but its likely ok, because you cant really put those anywhere else either

also... why is rook on hard?

Offline  snufkin
Soldier

hurtme -9999999
thank you sooooooooooooooo much

Soldier

both my maps in hard
going BIG

Offline  X_DIAS
Rocketman

The world is a cube
also... why is rook on hard?

other than that is as accurate as such list can be, since it varies so much from player to player

Offline  Shunix
Soldier

Awooooo!
Are these in order of how hard they are?

Also rook in hard? i could see that making sense if the last jump counted in speedruns but it doesnt

Offline  Shunix
Soldier

Awooooo!
Are these in order of how hard they are?

Also rook in hard? i could see that making sense if the last jump counted in speedruns but it doesnt

*edit*

C2 of shunix is B and C1 is A

C2 is extremely easy and C1 is easy

Rocketeer

the skybox is the limit
In the Medium section you should correct jump_ayers_v2 c2/full and jump_ayers2_a8.

Offline  Shunix
Soldier

Awooooo!
i may be wrong but im pretty sure BaQU only has 3 courses (the first doesnt count since its from quba) might wanna correct that

Offline  X_DIAS
Rocketman

The world is a cube
i may be wrong but im pretty sure BaQU only has 3 courses (the first doesnt count since its from quba) might wanna correct that

he added the first course to begginer

Rocketman

rook is in hard cuz it requires like 10+ speedshots to get a good run. Imo it's comparable to maps like style and facility.

I'll edit it in a bit w/ some changes...

Offline  dellort
Rocketeer

Video Maker Extraordinaire
To be fair the rook timer should start at the first gate, in which case it would be a medium difficulty map. The tree stumps aren't exactly a great speedrun element.

Offline  Burger
Maggot

Only thing I notice, I think soar and aviator (including bonuses) should be in pro if littleman_v4 w/ bonuses is there. At least personally those maps give me much more trouble.

Rocketman

Only thing I notice, I think soar and aviator (including bonuses) should be in pro if littleman_v4 w/ bonuses is there. At least personally those maps give me much more trouble.

Yea I'll move those there... imo aviator is harder than soar. I'll move rook higher up in the hard section. Also is majoras harder than baqu c4? Never really attempted it but I know it's tough.

edit: also is there even a littleman full? Don't you switch teams to go red... Maybe I'm just being retarded...
« Last Edit: July 11, 2013, 07:57:44 PM by Afterglow »

Offline  dellort
Rocketeer

Video Maker Extraordinaire
I think majoras is easier.

Pages: [1] 2 3
« previous next »

spirit Powered by SMF 2.0 RC5 | SMF © 2006–2011, Simple Machines LLC