Forums

Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: annexv2 red7  (Read 1424 times)
Offline  Klanana
Rocketman

iT! Servers Owner
Team Spec Extraordinaire
How do I do this jump that I've already done and have video proof of doing?

So youre telling me that there are NO jumps that you have done before but struggle with still? The guy said he has done it but it takes him a long time and is asking for advice to be more consistent.

Seems like some of you are trying to be dicks for no reason.

---------------------------

Jump iT - 64.74.97.15:27015 | JuJump iT - 74.91.113.66:27015 | Surf iT - 216.52.143.76:27015
Bball iT - 74.91.113.9:27015 | MGE iT - 74.91.122.39:27015

Rocketeer

the skybox is the limit
http://imgur.com/dSC1uhm.png

Here's a visual to accompany my previous post.
« Last Edit: July 26, 2013, 01:08:25 PM by Stimpack »

Maggot

the video isn´t mine its just a random video i found on youtube to help clarify the jump im referring to ...
If  I´ve done it before ? Yes i did maybe a handful of times where i spend one hour trying to do it and still haven´´t made any progress to making it faster ... but i guess some of you find it too offensive asking for help on a forum that´s made for that
Sorry about that i guess... I´ll do another thread of demoman airpogos i´m sure some of you would love to input on that
PS: Thanks to the few that actually tried to help, much apprecciated !

Soldier

all what you have to learn is to control your speed.
this jump can be really accurate if you learn how you can slowdown and boost you.
the basics are pretty much all what you need but i will explain it too.
if you want to control your speed but dont want to accelerate or slow down:
you have to find the perfect angle for your rocket (really hard to do consistently)
the other way is if you slowdown with using a higher aim then you would usually use for the speed you have.
this makes you slower but can also kill all your momentum slight changes should be the way to go.
and the way i usually do it is with slowpogo until i can easily get the speed that is needed but not anything above it.
at the end its all about the feeling practice is at any time the way to improve your skills.
thats all what i can say you and i think everybody else.

Rocketman

So youre telling me that there are NO jumps that you have done before but struggle with still? The guy said he has done it but it takes him a long time and is asking for advice to be more consistent.

There are countless amounts of jumps I struggle with that I've completed.  The solution: practice. (Especially when the jump is literally just get speed and strafe).

More specific to the question again: speed control is just like airpogo.  This isn't really a type of jump where someone says 'yeah just do this'.  This is something you have to feel out.

You clearly understand how to do the jump, the only thing that will make you better is to practice it.

Which really just comes with practice. Maybe because I've done a lot of engie jumping, but I'm used to knowing what kind of speed I need to have the super tight strafes.  As such this jump has never really taken me more than a couple tries.  I find the triple preceeding (i think) this so much harder.

"How do I get better" isn't really a good question. For anything.

See reason:

why would u post that seriously ... might aswell say nothing

Maggot

lol the drama continues ...

Rocketman

lol the drama continues ...

lol the idiot continues ...

Offline  Exile
Rocketeer

Couldn't think of something clever to put

@@@@@@@@@@@@@

Fly

((|Crayola|(>
There just seems to be a lot of rude people in this community (Not trying to point you out Kairu since I barely even know you :L) whether it's people that are over-egotistical, have dumb grudges, or when things get taken out of hand when it's really not a big deal in the first place. It's just one of the many things that I've really noticed in a lot of different threads. Even if a post is sarcastic it's just... idk, dumb/uneeded I guess

Tic's previously owned dog

Fly

There just seems to be a lot of rude people in this community (Not trying to point you out Kairu since I barely even know you :L) whether it's people that are over-egotistical, have dumb grudges, or when things get taken out of hand when it's really not a big deal in the first place. It's just one of the many things that I've really noticed in a lot of different threads. Even if a post is sarcastic it's just... idk, dumb/uneeded I guess

When I first joined this community I made a joke in the where are you from thread about being the best jumper from Canada because that seemed to be a theme of the posts before me.  I immediately had 4 guys join the server the day after named "best Canadian jumper 1" 2" 3" and so on attacking and flaming me in chat telling me how bad I was.  I thought that was kind of odd.

I totally agree however, there are 2 or 3 guys I've come across that I don't mind ignoring when I run into them.

Offline  Exile
Rocketeer

Couldn't think of something clever to put
you guys are so mean to kairu

@@@@@@@@@@@@@

Soldier

bball
oooooooooooohhh my darling how beautifulll you areeeee

i play bball often

Rocketeer

the skybox is the limit
I am 100% completely committed to being a nice guy.

Unless I see someone spamming 8 stickies on every jump of a map. Then I wish them slow and painful deaths.

Pages: 1 [2]
« previous next »

spirit Powered by SMF 2.0 RC5 | SMF © 2006–2011, Simple Machines LLC