Forums

Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: annexv2 red7  (Read 1424 times)
Maggot

Öm´ Small | Large
’
any tips and pointers on this jump ? (1m20seconds i timestamped it  but didnt worked here dunno why)
i can finish the entire map but this jump always gives me problems, i know there are some newer versions of the map available but some servers still use this version and i love to play annex but i alwas get stuck here no matter what.
Thanks !

Offline  Exile
Rocketeer

Couldn't think of something clever to put
do it until you get it

---------------------------
@@@@@@@@@@@@@

Maggot

why would u post that seriously ... might aswell say nothing

Rocketman

why would u post that seriously ... might aswell say nothing

You clearly understand how to do the jump, the only thing that will make you better is to practice it.

Soldier

Hi
try to maintain yr speed during the pogo

Hi

Offline  Drexen
Rocketeer

any tips and pointers on this jump ?
that jump always sucked imo. became much wider for v3. and removed for the final

Maggot

yeah i know, i´ve spent countless hours stuck on it, im gonna watch a demo of someone doing it in slow mo till my eyes bleed i guess

Rocketeer

the skybox is the limit
Actually you can get way more speed than you need to complete the strafe. Go fast, but not too fast or you'll just end up smashing your face into the side wall when you try to strafe.

If "fast but not too fast" is too vague, I can attempt to draw a diagram in MS Paint to better illustrate what I mean.

Rocketman

Actually you can get way more speed than you need to complete the strafe. Go fast, but not too fast or you'll just end up smashing your face into the side wall when you try to strafe.

If "fast but not too fast" is too vague, I can attempt to draw a diagram in MS Paint to better illustrate what I mean.

Which really just comes with practice. Maybe because I've done a lot of engie jumping, but I'm used to knowing what kind of speed I need to have the super tight strafes.  As such this jump has never really taken me more than a couple tries.  I find the triple preceeding (i think) this so much harder.

Offline  Yami
Rocketeer

Would it be a bad choice to lock this thread.

Maggot

Why on earth would u consider locking this thread ? Am i asking for such an imaginable thing ? Or am i asking for stuff that has been asked a million times here ? As far as i know this sub forum is about (Need help, advice, or whatever for a map, jump, or whatever? Find an answer here.) Am i getting out of line ? Am i being disrespectful ? I would really want to know why would u even consider that !

Offline  Yami
Rocketeer

Isn't the answer you're looking for in the video you posted? Jumping can't be taught; it has to be learned. There's only so much information everyone can give, but you're still going to be the one that's going to need to learn all these things. There's no key-combo like in Zelda that would magically make you perform the jump.

Offline  X_DIAS
Rocketman

The world is a cube
There's no key-combo like in Zelda that would magically make you perform the jump.

:0 what combo? tell me!

Offline  Klanana
Rocketman

iT! Servers Owner
Team Spec Extraordinaire
Would it be a bad choice to lock this thread.

Considering I refer countless people every day to these forums to ask questions... i don't know why a thread with a jump question should be locked?

Jump iT - 64.74.97.15:27015 | JuJump iT - 74.91.113.66:27015 | Surf iT - 216.52.143.76:27015
Bball iT - 74.91.113.9:27015 | MGE iT - 74.91.122.39:27015

Rocketman

Considering I refer countless people every day to these forums to ask questions... i don't know why a thread with a jump question should be locked?

How do I do this jump that I've already done and have video proof of doing?

Pages: [1] 2
« previous next »

spirit Powered by SMF 2.0 RC5 | SMF © 2006–2011, Simple Machines LLC