Forums

Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Server laggy, admin gone  (Read 577 times)
Offline  Exile
Rocketeer

Couldn't think of something clever to put
The servers gotten laggy and I can't restart the map because my admin is gone. Idk if the other admins still have it on there, but right now it's unplayable without a restart. Pls klonno.

---------------------------
@@@@@@@@@@@@@

Offline  Klanana
Rocketman

iT! Servers Owner
Team Spec Extraordinaire
I need your steam id if you dont have admin anymore.

Jump iT - 64.74.97.15:27015 | JuJump iT - 74.91.113.66:27015 | Surf iT - 216.52.143.76:27015
Bball iT - 74.91.113.9:27015 | MGE iT - 74.91.122.39:27015

Offline  Exile
Rocketeer

I need your steam id if you dont have admin anymore.

STEAM_0:0:43255277

@@@@@@@@@@@@@

Maggot

Server has been really laggy recently. Does the map not restart after a certain amount of time anymore?

Offline  Klanana
Rocketman

iT! Servers Owner
Team Spec Extraordinaire
it should nothing has changed on this server

Jump iT - 64.74.97.15:27015 | JuJump iT - 74.91.113.66:27015 | Surf iT - 216.52.143.76:27015
Bball iT - 74.91.113.9:27015 | MGE iT - 74.91.122.39:27015

Offline  tordana
Rocketeer

So here's the deal (and this goes for all iT servers except for SuSurf and EU):

We use NFO servers, which in turn are physically located in the InterNAP Chicago datacenter. To quote a post from the NFO server status page:

A customer in Chicago was hit with an extremely large DDoS attack at approximately 9pm CDT tonight. This attack overwhelmed Internap's infrastructure in Chicago and caused heavy packet loss. The customer being hit has now been null-routed.

We ordered an upgrade in Chicago early this month to add another 10 Gbps circuit there, which should help with attacks like this one by spreading out the load among more Internap routers. We've been anxiously awaiting its installation and hope they complete it soon.

This is just the first report, there have been repeated massive DDoS over the past week.

Basically, somebody has been getting heavily DDoSed and it's affecting everybody using NFO and even some others at InterNAP. Nothing much we can do about it.

Offline  Exile
Rocketeer

So here's the deal (and this goes for all iT servers except for SuSurf and EU):

We use NFO servers, which in turn are physically located in the InterNAP Chicago datacenter. To quote a post from the NFO server status page:

A customer in Chicago was hit with an extremely large DDoS attack at approximately 9pm CDT tonight. This attack overwhelmed Internap's infrastructure in Chicago and caused heavy packet loss. The customer being hit has now been null-routed.

We ordered an upgrade in Chicago early this month to add another 10 Gbps circuit there, which should help with attacks like this one by spreading out the load among more Internap routers. We've been anxiously awaiting its installation and hope they complete it soon.

This is just the first report, there have been repeated massive DDoS over the past week.

Basically, somebody has been getting heavily DDoSed and it's affecting everybody using NFO and even some others at InterNAP. Nothing much we can do about it.

Wouldn't that just screw up the ping, we're talking about some bug when a player spawns and it just destroys everyones fps for a few seconds.

@@@@@@@@@@@@@

Rocketman

Wouldn't that just screw up the ping, we're talking about some bug when a player spawns and it just destroys everyones fps for a few seconds.

Which has been happening for a few months, not just since a DDOS recently.

Offline  tordana
Rocketeer

Which has been happening for a few months, not just since a DDOS recently.

Oh, I dunno then. The other servers have been having ping issues, assumed bball was the same.

Maggot

Also theres the issue of having more than 2 players per team. Setting it to 2 sollies max per team should fix it but since the server has more than 4 slots I assume some buggy stuff can happen.

Soldier

m3thskiLL
I set it to 2 soldiers per team and fixed the SourceTV (demos only) and turned alltalk on. If anyone figures out why the lag is happening lmk.

edit: set the server to restart once time finishes instead of endless overtime which should mostly fix the lag.
for the record the command is mp_match_end_at_timelimit 1 (ty allig4tor)
if you guys want longer timelimit than 30 mins or anything else lmk
« Last Edit: October 10, 2013, 07:29:55 AM by wonderland »

Pages: [1]
« previous next »

spirit Powered by SMF 2.0 RC5 | SMF © 2006–2011, Simple Machines LLC