Forums

Pages: [1] 2 3
Author Topic: Map Naming Request  (Read 1657 times)
Fly

Can I request having nomenclature in the names of the maps to specify what type of map it is whether it's soldier or demo.  It's hard to keep up which is which especially when it comes to voting on the live public servers.  We already have conc for conc maps why not specific soldier from demo.

Rocketman

Or better, as to not cause a divide between new/old, just have an on-screen text or notice saying "Demo map" etc.

It isn't hard to figure out within the first few jumps if its demo or soldier, but many people on public servers don't realize.

Fly

Just call me trey
I made a flowchart so that it will be easier for you figure out which class is for which map

Fly

The reason I brought this up is because of the flow of JumpIT anyone who plays it knows people consistently vote for demo maps then quit.  If they know what the maps are the server wouldn't empty out as much and people won't get as annoyed.

Offline  tordana
Rocketeer

It always pisses me off that it's almost guaranteed for 80% of the server to be playing the wrong class.

---------------------------

Fly

((|Crayola|(>
I made a flowchart so that it will be easier for you figure out which class is for which map

You have just one major flaw in your chart. Forgot to put "complain and tell people to rtv" either before or after nominating adventure

Tic's previously owned dog

Soldier

bball
some maps (like jump_tissue) are not so clear on which class they are for
the first time i got on it i though it was a solly map up until the point where there was just a simple wall climb
and you had to clip through the ceiling using crouch

i play bball often

Rocketman

the first time i got on it i though it was a solly map up until the point where there was just a simple wall climb

Isn't there wallpogo you have to use regen much sooner than that jump?

Fly

Maybe we could just add a letter or two to the maps on JumpIT so the mappers don't have to do it and we organize the jump servers a bit.  Unless of course Claire wants to seperate demo from soldier with servers :)

Offline  Shunix
Soldier

Awooooo!

Isn't there wallpogo you have to use regen much sooner than that jump?

tissue is 100% soldierable without regen allthough it was intentional

Offline  Torii
Soldier

Whirlwind "Torii Hurricane"
Maybe we could just add a letter or two to the maps on JumpIT so the mappers don't have to do it and we organize the jump servers a bit.  Unless of course Claire wants to seperate demo from soldier with servers :)

Nah, then all clients would have to rename their own maps or redownload them.

If say, in the !nominate and !rtv list you can put (Demo) or (Soldier) at the end of every map name then I could see this working.

Offline  Klanana
Rocketman

iT! Servers Owner
Team Spec Extraordinaire
I feel bad I havent said anything in this thread since you did kind of pinpoint jump it. I am sure this is something that could be added to the servers - as far as giving you a yes/no answer: ask conductor! His care level has been in the red lately... and since plugins are not only his expertise but ALSO one of his favorite things in the world... including him in this discussion will no doubt motivate him to get iT! done!!

Jump iT - 64.74.97.15:27015 | JuJump iT - 74.91.113.66:27015 | Surf iT - 216.52.143.76:27015
Bball iT - 74.91.113.9:27015 | MGE iT - 74.91.122.39:27015

Offline  X_DIAS
Rocketman

The world is a cube
..... him to get iT! done!!

ha! i see what you did there

and im totally against re-naming the maps.....just don't do it, will only cause trouble
the class in the nominate list might do fine thou.....

the problem is, the servertime of demo maps will be reduced from 30%to 0.1% (note: this are not actual statistics)

Offline  Shunix
Soldier

Awooooo!

[/quote]

the problem is, the servertime of demo maps will be reduced from 30%to 0.1% (note: this are not actual statistics)
[/quote]

Offline  Guyyst
Fly

[/quote.]

[/quote.]

nice quoting nerd
« Last Edit: August 28, 2013, 12:01:29 PM by Guyyst »

Pages: [1] 2 3
« previous next »

spirit Powered by SMF 2.0 RC5 | SMF © 2006–2011, Simple Machines LLC