Forums

Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Prehopping  (Read 424 times)
Maggot

i surf in the game team fortress 2
Prehopping is bunnyhopping (bhopping) while in the start zone, people often do this for world records.

You can really see this on surf_sundown (only on susurfit) and surf_ing if you look at the top times. This is really annoying and I want to see this plague of dirty world records to be put to an end. I don't know how to make plugins, so if anyone is thinking about making a plugin, please consider adding a prehopping limit of at most 3 or 5. If anyone won't make a plugin, maybe this will at least raise awareness if anyone wonders why the record on surf_ing is better than the CS:S wr.

---------------------------

Rocketman

Same thing happens on jump servers where people will sync on the starting area to get a boost of speed. Do people not do this in CS:S? Can it not be done?

There is no way around it, runs likely won't be removed, and most importantly: you can do it too if having WR is all you care about.

Maggot

i surf in the game team fortress 2
Same thing happens on jump servers where people will sync on the starting area to get a boost of speed. Do people not do this in CS:S? Can it not be done?

There is no way around it, runs likely won't be removed, and most importantly: you can do it too if having WR is all you care about.
All self respecting skill surf servers on CS:S and CS:GO have prehopping limits.

Without stopping bullshit prehopped wrs and top 10s I don't see much fun in speedruns, which imo is the only source of replay value to surfing. Unless you were to try to do the map backwards after you beat it or something...

I debated on making this topic, but prehopping is so fucking annoying and I guess it seems the only thing I can do is bitch and cry ='( At least all of Saxton and Draw's wrs are legit --- Draw and Saxton the Raiin and MIKE that didn't go to KSF <3

Offline  tordana
Rocketeer

KSF has a plugin where if you prehop 3 or 4 times you get slapped and lose all your momentum.

Fly

dorp
I'm sure something can be coded from es. Problem is, well, it's es.

Offline  Rob123
Maggot

I'm sure something can be coded from es. Problem is, well, it's es.

Just curious, what do you find bad about es? I've got es + sourcemod running on a server for a couple things. Can't say either has been better/worse for me

Pages: [1]
« previous next »

spirit Powered by SMF 2.0 RC5 | SMF © 2006–2011, Simple Machines LLC