Forums

Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Jump_4starters D8  (Read 248 times)
Offline  Shytime
Maggot

I got a problem on D8,when I'm doing pogo to that ramp on the middle i slide on it but i can't shoot another rocket because it's going through it.I had watched videos on youtube how ppl do this and it looked like their rocket splashed on that ramp giving them speed boost to make this jump however this not happening to me :/.Any ideas?

Offline  Torii
Soldier

Whirlwind "Torii Hurricane"
A version of a9 had that, but now the plat is unshootable

IIRC you're supposed to speedpogo 2 times and then shoot the last rocket on the white pogo-ground thing before you hit the ramp

skip to 9:18, yeah the vid is of a9, but it's pretty much the same
TF2:jump_4starters_a9
« Last Edit: September 26, 2013, 06:10:48 AM by Torii »

---------------------------

Offline  Shytime
Maggot

Woah, just saw that video and i done it on first three tries.Thanks for help :).

Offline  The BQE
Soldier

Any tips for doing this jump? Even with that video, I always get one of two results: hit the ramp with not enough speed or failing on the last platform before the rampslide.

Rocketman

Minimize height as much as possible.  Do note: you don't need to do it like in the video, the sloped part (upwards, first half) is shootable, while the top/second slope is not.  If you don't have enough speed to rampslide it, you'll likely still have enough to shoot the ramp and boost towards the end.

Aim almost face height on the first wallshot, then aim far forwards for the skips, trying to immediately strafe around so that you don't get teleported. Gain speed with these, don't try to maintain pogo height.

Pages: [1]
« previous next »

spirit Powered by SMF 2.0 RC5 | SMF © 2006–2011, Simple Machines LLC