Forums

Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: Jump_nmotion  (Read 1815 times)
Maggot

Looking better already. Still a number of things worth changing however:

1. Too dark, more lights please. Or make more use of the sky box environment lighting. I pretty much felt every jump was too dark, and on 12 I couldn't even see

2. On 13 raise the starting platform so tele isn't at same height as where u walk, makes it annoying to walk off. Also maybe mess around with the glass so it's more visible. More lighting may help this, but atm it's kinda hard to see the glass

3. Still inconsistency with textures and nogrenades. Try make it so all shootable walls are one texture, and all func_nogrenades walls are a diff texture

Good improvement from the prev version i played. Just need to make it more jumper friendly, so they can see where they're going!

Thank you! I was going for a kind of abandoned mineshaft look for the whole jump when it came to lighting. Jump 12 was done on purpose - you finally get to the top of the mountain, you can practically touch the sky...and then you have to plunge back into the darkness. I don't know how to make it more jump friendly without ruining that, but I will try - tomorrow.

Maggot

Added more lighting, check OP.

Offline  The BQE
Soldier

Looks a lot better.  My only complaint is that now the glass on 13 is nearly impossible to see. 

Also in most cases, for aesthetics, it looks better if light actually comes from a source (ie, prop). 

Maggot

Looks a lot better.  My only complaint is that now the glass on 13 is nearly impossible to see. 

Also in most cases, for aesthetics, it looks better if light actually comes from a source (ie, prop).

I can't do anything right now because Source SDK won't open hammer on my computer, and I forget the exact filepath for hammer.exe

Does anybody know where hammer.exe is located exactly?

Maggot

I can't do anything right now because Source SDK won't open hammer on my computer, and I forget the exact filepath for hammer.exe

Within the /bin/ folder in the /tf/ directory.

---------------------------
~ Best part of living is toying with the reality that surrounds you ~

Maggot

Within the /bin/ folder in the /tf/ directory.
Much obliged  8)

Maggot

Version 5 is out check OP. Any thoughts on the new glass texture?

Rocketman

No trigger_hurts, ended up killing myself several times.

Texture inconsistencies: the same texture goes from shootable to not shootable, guessing game on some jumps.

#11 there's no indication as to where the teleports are, was wondering if they were timed or what.

Aesthetically it's kinda cramped and dark, but that's more opinion than anything.

In some cases where shootable floor met unshootable wall, my rockets went through the floor as if the shootable section ended a bit early.

Teleports on 13 are reaaaaally weird. Is there a timer over the whole thing? Sometimes i'm teleported to the small blocks, sometimes to the start, i have no indication of why each happens. Should make the button more visible, had no idea it was there for a bit. Lighting on this jump makes the glass very hard to see at times.

Maggot

No trigger_hurts, ended up killing myself several times.

Texture inconsistencies: the same texture goes from shootable to not shootable, guessing game on some jumps.

#11 there's no indication as to where the teleports are, was wondering if they were timed or what.

Aesthetically it's kinda cramped and dark, but that's more opinion than anything.

In some cases where shootable floor met unshootable wall, my rockets went through the floor as if the shootable section ended a bit early.

Teleports on 13 are reaaaaally weird. Is there a timer over the whole thing? Sometimes i'm teleported to the small blocks, sometimes to the start, i have no indication of why each happens. Should make the button more visible, had no idea it was there for a bit. Lighting on this jump makes the glass very hard to see at times.

No timers in the entire map. Only complex thing in the map is the button and door, and I only figured that out by looking at another map's vmf. Thanks for the other advice though. Lighting has been a consistent issue.

Maggot

V7 is out check OP. I just wanted to get this out so that people on Jump Hell would stop complaining about the damn button - Im working on a much better map.

Offline  VoiDeD
Maggot

I just wanted to get this out so that people on Jump Hell would stop complaining about the damn button

They can be pretty rowdy.. :S

---------------------------

Maggot

I'm working on V8, and I'm deciding whether to keep the blue course or not.

I just wanted to get this out so that people on Jump Hell would stop complaining about the damn button

They can be pretty rowdy.. :S
LOL

Maggot

Removed Blue side in v8, check OP.

Pages: 1 [2]
« previous next »

spirit Powered by SMF 2.0 RC5 | SMF © 2006–2011, Simple Machines LLC