Forums

Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: Banned shoutout to exile  (Read 727 times)
Maggot

I was sitting in spec and you kick banned me without saying anything. Not sure why you couldn't take half a second to say "leave the server".

Offline  Aurora
Soldier

I was sitting in spec and you kick banned me without saying anything. Not sure why you couldn't take half a second to say "leave the server".

should have his admin taken away.

for real tho server crashes if too many people join
« Last Edit: October 14, 2013, 09:45:07 AM by Aurora »

---------------------------

Offline  snufkin
Soldier

hurtme -9999999
do you have hud_saytext_time on something low? could be you just didn't see it.

Soldier

Hi
Dick move there exile

Hi

Offline  tordana
Rocketeer

should have his admin taken away.

for real tho server crashes if too many people join

There's no reason to ban the guy though, just boot him.

Maggot

I mean this has never happened to me before considering I normally sit in there and watch for 5-10 minutes until a slot frees up.  When I went back in later and asked he said "stop forcing in asshole" not exactly sure what is wrong with it considering some guy was sitting in spec watching us play and he didn't kick him either.

Regarding the forcing in stuff i've been using aliases to get into all the IT servers for a month or two and i've never had problems.

//IT servers
alias jumpit "connect 64.74.97.15:27015"
alias jujumpit "connect 74.91.113.66:27015"
alias bballit "connect 74.91.113.9:27015"
alias mgeit "connect 74.91.122.39:27015"
alias surfit "connect 216.52.143.76:27015"
alias susurfit "connect 66.151.244.243:27015"

those are what I use, I can't see anything in there that would cause problems.

Offline  Exile
Rocketeer

Couldn't think of something clever to put
@Tord
I kicked both of the peopel forcing in and they just forced right back in, the ban was 5 minutes boo hoo

@Ben

The server isn't 4/4 so some idiots can force in and possibly crash the server just to watch. Take the hint of being kicked twice to not to it again.

@@@@@@@@@@@@@

Maggot

You kicked me once and then banned me when I rejoined to ask why I was kicked.

Offline  Exile
Rocketeer

Couldn't think of something clever to put

sorry for banning you for abusing a server bug that you were well aware of
sry

@@@@@@@@@@@@@

Rocketeer

the skybox is the limit

Rejoining after being kicked is already a bad idea, and you could kind of figure out why you were kicked ("hm, he's kicking all the specs/people who join when server is full... maybe he doesn't want people joining when the server is full?").

Also, did you manage to make this thread in the five minutes you were banned or did you not bother retrying connection after a short while?

Maggot

I waited ~10 minutes, also when we were playing later that night some guy was sitting in spec for the entire time we played and you didn't seem to feel the need to kick him.

Rocketeer

the skybox is the limit
I waited ~10 minutes, also when we were playing later that night some guy was sitting in spec for the entire time we played and you didn't seem to feel the need to kick him.

I didn't have admin then, so it wasn't really possible for me to kick him

Maggot

Wasn't talking about you, was talking about when I played with exile probably 5 or 6 hours later and some guy was forcing in and sitting on spec for 10-15 mins then repeating it for an hour or two. Also i've been in there with other admins and nobody has seemed to have a problem with me being on spec, that's why I went back in after getting kicked.

Soldier

m3thskiLL
why does the server crash exactly?
I can easily make it 6 slot with class limits if that would stop it (I was thinking about doing this anyway...)

Exile, talk to him before you kick (and/or ban). Be polite no need admin unless you have to.
Benroads, I'm not sure what the situation was exactly, if it's 4/4 (and the other 3 want to play) then you should play or leave.

If it's crashing because of 5/4 or 6/4 then I'm just going to make it 6 slot cause that's terrible.
« Last Edit: October 22, 2013, 07:38:45 AM by wonderland »

Rocketeer

the skybox is the limit
Server crashes if a 7th person joins. For this specific incident there were 2 people (incl benroads) forcing in to a full game, so at that point if another joined, the server would have crashed.

Pages: [1] 2
« previous next »

spirit Powered by SMF 2.0 RC5 | SMF © 2006–2011, Simple Machines LLC