Forums

Pages: [1]
Author Topic: SO...  (Read 231 times)
Maggot

Entre sueno y sueno...
...tried my hand at porting over a few bhop maps from CSS.

Needless to say, it's shit.

Fun to play around with, but crap at actually speed/skill running.

I'll pay a million dollars (sic) to whomever can figure out how to unlock the bhop code in the tf2 engine.  :(

---------------------------
Ashes to ashes, dust to dust...dead bodies to the kitchen.
~Grog, Mutant League Football

Offline  Hadokk
Rocketeer

Bball Server Filler Upper
Okay
Join chillout. Say !bhop. gg

Offline  tordana
Rocketeer

I found a sourcemod plugin at one point that claims to replicate cs:s bhop functionality without the auto-bhop like we have on surf iT. Haven't tried it myself.

https://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?p=1776179

Offline  X_DIAS
Rocketman

The world is a cube
I found a sourcemod plugin at one point that claims to replicate cs:s bhop functionality without the auto-bhop like we have on surf iT. Haven't tried it myself.

i played on a match server the other day and the admin enabled a bhop plug-in that was smooth as a baby's ass, no lag whatsoever

i think that might be it

Rocketeer

smooth as a baby's ass
It really was...

Maggot

Entre sueno y sueno...
While we're on the subject (and before I forget), I've been hearing a lot about 'bouncing' lately....wtf is that? Bhopping, airstrafing, yada yada yada...know how all that works...but bouncing? I haven't the foggiest...

Maggot

Entre sueno y sueno...

But the bad thing about that is starting and re-starting the server trying to figure out what to set the cvars to.

Offline  tordana
Rocketeer

While we're on the subject (and before I forget), I've been hearing a lot about 'bouncing' lately....wtf is that? Bhopping, airstrafing, yada yada yada...know how all that works...but bouncing? I haven't the foggiest...

Super goofy source engine bug. Basically, bouncing is entering and leaving a teleport zone within 1 server tic so that it never actually teleports you. If a tp is positioned 1 hammer unit above a floor and you do a speedshot or a bhop off that floor while falling from certain very specific heights, you will end up 1 hammer unit above the tp (2 above the floor) on one server tic, then bounce off the floor and be out of the tp zone before the next server tic that would tp you.

It happens sometimes when surfing if you've ever noticed randomly bhopping off a floor that should tp you, but it's done in controlled circumstances on various jump maps.

Pages: [1]
« previous next »

spirit Powered by SMF 2.0 RC5 | SMF © 2006–2011, Simple Machines LLC