Forums

Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Generic Jump Help  (Read 245 times)
Maggot

Hey, first of all I'm new here. Nice to meet you.

Second, I need some help with some jumps, particularly ones that I can use for my rollouts, as I am a competitive demo (I'm fairly new to the PC scene though).
I'm specifically stuck at the first sticky jump on cp_granary, where the sticky is placed sorta halfway up the left side of the exit way. I just can't get the jump down. (Youtube/Google was a dead end for it)
Any pointers, advice, etc.?
« Last Edit: October 21, 2013, 09:42:17 PM by CingOfSpades »

Fly

Hi
Hey, first of all I'm new here. Nice to meet you.

Second, I need some help with some jumps, particularly ones that I can use for my rollouts, as I am a competitive demo (I'm fairly new to the PC scene though).
I'm specifically stuck at the first sticky jump on cp_granary, where the sticky is placed sorta halfway up the left side of the exit way. I just can't get the jump down. (Youtube/Google was a dead end for it)

If you wanna add me and hop in an empty server sometime, I can help you out.

Offline  X_DIAS
Rocketman

The world is a cube

not worth to use the wall in there
you are as fast with a stickie on the ground (couple millisecs difference), and you can also take no fall damage

also, if you use it on the ground you can go for the edgebug on the small wall
i aim to hit 2-3 edgebugs on a ~6 round match

Soldier

welcome,
the ground is fine you do not need the wall except you want to be incredible fast (prem/plat)
i suggest to learn how you can control your jumps try to understand what are you doing for each jump.
this way you are able to improve quite fast and keep in mind dont try the jumps without doing the complete rollout its way more important to learn the little things between each jump (little bhop maybe?^^) because you will lose time in this situations where you cant handle it.
some timings for a few maps:

badlands:
Good:9:45 house rollout mappack split
best: 9:47/8 house rollout mappack split

(dont try the balcony direct jump it does not really benefit you that much.)

granary:

left side:
good: 9:39/40 by going out of the last door frame in choke.
best: 9:41/2 by going out of the last door frame in choke.

right side:
lower; good/best: 9:40 by going out of the door frame on the right side.

catwalk:
direct jump:
good/best: 9:39/40 after going out of the door frame.
with little medi pack in the room:
~9:37 after going out of the door frame

process is with normal choke rollout likely 9:43 at med pack 2-3 secs later then there roamer.
airpogo rollout is almost 9:46/7 1-2 secs faster then there roamer but a lot harder.

i think this is enough if you want to see more times watch some demos from prem/plat demomans.
« Last Edit: October 22, 2013, 09:51:44 AM by derdotte »

Rocketeer

---------------------------

Soldier

lel should learn to write :D

Pages: [1]
« previous next »

spirit Powered by SMF 2.0 RC5 | SMF © 2006–2011, Simple Machines LLC