Forums

Pages: [1]
Author Topic: targa movie issues  (Read 115 times)
Offline  Sloop
Maggot

hey guys! :D
so i'm trying to put together a bunch of .tga images in virtualdub to create a quick jump movie, but it's just being really laggy when i view playback. when i exported it, it didn't even play, it was just like a minute of a single frame.
i also tried to put the .tgas together in both sony vegas and aftereffects, but neither worked.

in virtualdub, i'm going off the tutorial on the tf2 wiki, so i'm using the xvid MPEG-4 codec. in aftereffects, i tried it with 2 .avis and an FLV, none of which worked.

i'm not sure what i'm doing wrong so any help would be appreciated.

---------------------------
bit.SLoop
Demoman, Iron-level spy.

Offline  HeliX
Maggot

we fly high
Heya, the tga file format is a lossless and uncompressed format, so when you're taking all these images, combining them into a series, and exporting them as an .avi file (I suppose you are) - you're gonna end up with a huge video file that has an enormous bit rate, even if you're using the lagarith codec (which I think is the best to use if you wanna save some space, but still have excellent quality on your exported video files). You're not going to be able to play that file unless you have an insanely fast disk and overall excellent computer.

Basically once you have your video file from virtualdub, render it in vegas or whatever (mp4 is a great format) with a bit rate of like 12K, 14K or higher, depending how high quality you want it in. But YouTube still converts your raw render to a much smaller bit rate (and 30 fps) once you upload it, so ye...

@anyone feel free to correct me if I'm wrong in some aspects :P

Offline  Sloop
Maggot

thanks a ton

i did that and it wasn't laggy, but the video looks like it's in slowmo. i think that had to do with the recording of the demo. any ideas?

---------------------------
bit.SLoop
Demoman, Iron-level spy.

Offline  X_DIAS
Rocketman

The world is a cube
you need to set the frame rate to the one you recorded with

best way to do that is to add your audio file from external source (should be in the same folder as the images, and with the same name), then sync the video frame rate with the audio

Pages: [1]
« previous next »

spirit Powered by SMF 2.0 RC5 | SMF © 2006–2011, Simple Machines LLC