Forums

Pages: [1]
Author Topic: A way to practice pogo and skip ?  (Read 1297 times)
Offline  Owl
Maggot

Hi guys,

I was wondering whether someone has advices and if there are maps with easy jump to practice both techniques.

By pogo I mean speed pogo like on jump no 5 on jump_momentus. I tried to "speed" pogo on a self made map but there is always a moment on which you lose height and fail. I heard about the angle at which you have to fire rockets, like right under your feet for speed and a bit forward from your feet for height. The fact is if you fire a bit forward you finally stop pogoing and fail again ^^. Any advice for that ?

I also was wondering about skip jumps (like jump no4 on skip_b3 and no3 on momentum). Every-time I try I basically can't reach the ground or the next platform on which i've to skip again. I think it's a lack of speed, but while watching videos people really seem to get speed on the first skip and not before.

Thanks for reading

---------------------------
Noob in progress x)

Offline  Hadokk
Rocketeer

Bball Server Filler Upper
Okay
j10 on Cheval is a good jump to practice speed pogo ( though you can train it at whatever open area that seem fitting, jump_trix has a huge place in the middle to just mess around). If you aim in front of yourself when you're pogoing and that makes you stop you probably haven't got enough speed to aim that far ahead to begin with. That or your aim is off :p

Offline  Owl
Maggot

Yeah didnt remember j10 on cheval (have never been "that far" I think ^^). It s a pretty much interesting and funny jump, not insurmountable, just have to stay concentrated.
Still dont understand my loss of height while getting really quick :s

Thanks for the advice =)

---------------------------
Noob in progress x)

Offline  Hadokk
Rocketeer

Bball Server Filler Upper
Okay
Well, it's pretty simple. You can go faster than rockets, at a certain speed the rockets will land behind you and not under you.

Offline  dellort
Rocketeer

Video Maker Extraordinaire
Well, it's pretty simple. You can go faster than rockets, at a certain speed the rockets will land behind you and not under you.

This. After a certain point you have to tap s or else you won't keep enough height.

Pages: [1]
« previous next »

spirit Powered by SMF 2.0 RC5 | SMF © 2006–2011, Simple Machines LLC