Forums

Pages: [1]
Author Topic: jump_tpn_rc1  (Read 70 times)
Maggot

An easy/intermediate soldier jump map, with 2 courses and 25 jumps. Made by Tx_ and Mac McNumpkin.

Special thanks to blindgirl for the texture idea and the tutorial on buttons.

Download: http://www.mediafire.com/download/i6a6jggw96fatz1/jump_tpn_rc1.rar

Offline  Torii
Soldier

Whirlwind "Torii Hurricane"
Alright ran through it with full default loadout

• The teleports on jump 3, 12, 13 should be moved closer to the wall
  • The shootable part of the end wall on 13 should be textured differently
  • One may die on jump 14, you can put an overheal brush at the bottom, although unneeded
  • 16 is ctappable
  • 17 sync speedshot :(((((, you might want to be careful about making the ramp out of multiple brushes too, especially if they are clipped horizontally.
  • 17-18 connector xDDD
  • I like 19 and 20
  • You can stand on top of the walljump walls on 21, I recommend extending the wall or use illusionary+playerclip instead of teleports/nogrenades
  • I like 24
  • Level select would have been nice

While more and more people have been learning drop wallpogo and increasingly becoming easier, it's still a rather difficult technique, I think 22 should be right before 25.

Detailwise, atm I like that it's clean, but maybe more colours would be nice.

As for optimisation, platforms like on 19 can be func_detail'd to reduce compile time, also handy for grouping brushes together.

The skill curve for the easy course was pretty good, for hard course it's a bit wonky but it's pretty hard to make a difficult map with a good skill curve anyway so whatever. No insane distances and it seems to be tested pretty well.

Overall, I like it, quite fun but possibly towards the end people might not agree so much.

---------------------------

Pages: [1]
« previous next »

spirit Powered by SMF 2.0 RC5 | SMF © 2006–2011, Simple Machines LLC