Forums

Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Less Courses  (Read 1670 times)
Soldier

m3thskiLL
a request.

Can you make it so there arent SO MANY courses.
id like it so there arent 2 courses that go through the same area. (so you dont have to do sections of the map more than once)

ex: jump_littleman. theres courses for Blu 1, Blu 2, Blu Full, Red 1, Red 2, Red Bonus, Red Full.
it gets kind of annoying to do red full then go back and do each part separately. and it makes the times less competitive
so i think it should be just 2 courses: Blu and Red

Quba would have 3 courses
Adventure would have 4
because they are separated by doors at the start

a map like jump_drexen would have 1 (to the end of bonuses)

and perhaps delete the really stupid courses (Yucca bonus)
« Last Edit: February 24, 2011, 12:23:14 PM by wonderland »

Offline  CrancK
Rocketeer

ehh... what?
dude...
sheesh man... you really have a beef with options... don't you?

i mean, if you only want to do the whole map things on littleman then do the full ones..

though hey, if theres more people that think your way, i'll be happy to change it

---------------------------

Soldier

m3thskiLL
FUCK YOUR OPTIONS CRANCK

img  rush
A little uncalled for don't ya think, wonder?

Soldier

m3thskiLL
sry mom
« Last Edit: February 24, 2011, 11:11:24 PM by wonderland »

Fly

Safe Word: Banana
I run this shit

▮ TF2Jump.com Owner, Developer
▮ iT Lead Administrator

Offline  Matti
Fly

soar_a4 is out!
I'd have to agree with this. Bonus jumps aren't really part of the actual map, hence bonus, and shouldn't be included in the time. Fewer courses also seems better for simplicity and wonder's reason of concentrated times meaning more competition.

Maggot

I'd have to agree with this. Bonus jumps aren't really part of the actual map, hence bonus, and shouldn't be included in the time. Fewer courses also seems better for simplicity and wonder's reason of concentrated times meaning more competition.

This.

Littleman should have 4 courses, 1 for each point.

img  rush
We could debate this all year, and still be debating come 2012. When I think of actually completing a map the bonus jumps are still apart of that map.

Maggot

Except some map's bonuses are much harder than the map themselves. This discourages those who can complete the map (albeit with some difficulty) but can't do the bonus in any form to time themselves. Then competition reduces.

For example, ayers is an easy map but the bonus is in a level of its own in terms of difficulty. I can speedrun that map very fast but the bonus is undoable for most. (My internet connection also doesn't let me do pogos that last more than 40 seconds but that's a different issue.)

Offline  tordana
Rocketeer

Except some map's bonuses are much harder than the map themselves. This discourages those who can complete the map (albeit with some difficulty) but can't do the bonus in any form to time themselves. Then competition reduces.

For example, ayers is an easy map but the bonus is in a level of its own in terms of difficulty. I can speedrun that map very fast but the bonus is undoable for most. (My internet connection also doesn't let me do pogos that last more than 40 seconds but that's a different issue.)

Case in point: jump_ice. I can complete it without much difficulty as both soldier and demo, but the bonus is waaaay beyond my skill level on either.

Pages: [1]
« previous next »

spirit Powered by SMF 2.0 RC5 | SMF © 2006–2011, Simple Machines LLC