Forums

Pages: [1]
Author Topic: As a previous WoW player...  (Read 803 times)
Offline  hobbes
Maggot

...should I get RIFT? do a lot of people here play it?  I know I am not very well known here, but I don't know anyone that plays RIFT so would be nice to have SOMEONE to talk to =P.

I hear its a WoW clone...but WoW is an DAoC clone, DAoC is an EverQuest clone...I really hate the "clone" excuse when it comes to MMO's lol, they will always share many similarities no matter what.

Anyways, do you think its worth trying out?

img  rush
Klanana, ROK, tardana, and uhh a few more people play it. I played the beta to check it out, and I just couldn't get into RIFT, but it is a decent/cool game.

Offline  Diddy
Rocketeer

I played the beta a little bit and thought it was pretty awesome.  I don't subscribe cause I'm a poor little bitch and find myself not playing MMO's a lot even though I really do enjoy them (especially EVE).  If I'm going to pay 15 bucks a month to play it I better be playing that shit non stop.

---------------------------
some people just shouldnt be aloud to have internet accesss

Soldier

m3thskiLL
its been klanana, rok, & me. we made a guild and stuff
uhh you can probly try my account if you want, i have a 50 cleric
pm me

img  rush
I played the beta a little bit and thought it was pretty awesome.  I don't subscribe cause I'm a poor little bitch and find myself not playing MMO's a lot even though I really do enjoy them (especially EVE).  If I'm going to pay 15 bucks a month to play it I better be playing that shit non stop.

Eve is the shit. Just need to clear up that learning curve, and equipment/skill use learning curve, but the world is awesome.

Offline  Klanana
Rocketman

iT! Servers Owner
Team Spec Extraordinaire
Should you try out rift... well that depends on what you're expecting to get out of it. So you know where I'm coming from... I played WoW from beta up until ICC came out in wotl - raiding was my second full time job for many many years. So I think I can say I know wow pretty well...

Is rift a clone of wow? No. But will 90% of what you do/see/kill/experience remind you a lot of wow? Yes. A lot of the things that are almost identical to wow are things that work so well and are so user friendly, why go and change it? Yeah when you log into the game and see the default interface and start doing the quests - your first thought will be wow clone - that was my first thought too. The game itself though is much different.. expecially the way they did different classes (if you dont know about how the classes work you should look it up its pretty badass).

For me playing rift is like how playing vanilla wow was - every single person is going through the game for the first time and its ALL NEW. I loved how simple original WoW was and felt like they made it more and more confusing with each expansion. Rift has that simplicity that I really missed...

So if you're looking for a game thats completely different than wow thhen youre going to be disappoined. But IMO why change things that work perfectly.

---------------------------

Jump iT - 64.74.97.15:27015 | JuJump iT - 74.91.113.66:27015 | Surf iT - 216.52.143.76:27015
Bball iT - 74.91.113.9:27015 | MGE iT - 74.91.122.39:27015

Pages: [1]
« previous next »

spirit Powered by SMF 2.0 RC5 | SMF © 2006–2011, Simple Machines LLC