Forums

Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: Website Update  (Read 1129 times)
Fly

Safe Word: Banana
I run this shit
It's like christmas, except you'll be giving me a gift.
The gift of testing!

The new website and related back end are now online.  Some services are still being integrated and may not be fully functional, and much of the website remains untested.

So now it's your turn to explore the new site.  Post bugs, ideas, anything you would like to see changed, etc.  The goal is to have most bugs ironed out this week, and 99% of all systems fully online as well!

When you see a bug, please include a) browser and version b) circumstance of bug c) a detailed description of the failure and optionally d) a screenshot, thank you!

---------------------------
▮ TF2Jump.com Owner, Developer
▮ iT Lead Administrator

Offline  Hadokk
Rocketeer

Bball Server Filler Upper
Okay
Using latest firefox, think it's 4.01 or something. I think the screenshot explain it better than I will.

Other than that, it's looking good. 8] Though, I'm missing the unread new forum post thingy. Is it comming back, or am I just not seeing it?

Fly

I run this shit
It's going to sound dumb but the fix for that is to refresh a lot.  Some of the stylesheets take awhile to propagate correctly for some people.  If it's possible, run a total refresh of tf2jump.com and forums.tf2jump.com.

I can't replicate the bug on Firefox 5, which is the version you have I think judging by the screenshot.

On the button: I forgot about it  :P coming back soon haha

▮ iT Lead Administrator

Offline  X_DIAS
Rocketman

The world is a cube
Same happens with google chrome

Fly

I run this shit
I still can't replicate this, I'll put in some redundancy and attempt to force a recache on my end.

Update
Unread Posts and Recent Posts buttons are back at the top by the page title "FORUMS"
Fixed a Login/Logout bug on the forums resulting in being placed somewhere in the publishing system based on browsing activity.
Working on the list bug I can't see.

▮ iT Lead Administrator

Fly

I run this shit
I've forced a redownload of the stylesheets pertaining to the footer and applied redundant styling, anybody report it as working?

▮ iT Lead Administrator

Offline  Klanana
Rocketman

iT! Servers Owner
Team Spec Extraordinaire
Havent had a chance to play around in here too much yet (its a monday...) but i can verify the footer looks perfect in IE9 and FF5.0

This shit looks sexy as hell... and THANK YOU FOR NOT FORGETTING RECENT POSTS!!

Jump iT - 64.74.97.15:27015 | JuJump iT - 74.91.113.66:27015 | Surf iT - 216.52.143.76:27015
Bball iT - 74.91.113.9:27015 | MGE iT - 74.91.122.39:27015

Offline  Hadokk
Rocketeer

Okay
They all lined up nicely when I refreshed the page. Gj :p

Offline  tordana
Rocketeer

Refreshing fixed the layout for me as well, looks pretty good for the most part. The footer is super ugly IMO though -- the dark background needs to extend across the full width of the page like on the header or else it's just a very out of place looking black box.

Offline  Hadokk
Rocketeer

Okay
Another similar thing, but it was like this before the revamp too. Anyway, enjoy: 8]

Offline  Klanana
Rocketman

iT! Servers Owner
Team Spec Extraordinaire
When you're in your inbox (PM's) and you click on a message to view it, you are taken to the bottom of the page and the message never opens. I'm using FF5 - let me know if you need me to check in other browsers if you cant reproduce.

Also... CHECK YOUR PM REDWINE!

Jump iT - 64.74.97.15:27015 | JuJump iT - 74.91.113.66:27015 | Surf iT - 216.52.143.76:27015

Offline  Klanana
Rocketman

iT! Servers Owner
Team Spec Extraordinaire
UGH redwine how did you check your PM/write me back? I open any messages in FF / IE9 and no cream.

Fly

I run this shit
UGH redwine how did you check your PM/write me back? I open any messages in FF / IE9 and no cream.

I checked my PM by fixing it, duh  :P

▮ iT Lead Administrator

Fly

I run this shit
Another similar thing, but it was like this before the revamp too. Anyway, enjoy: 8]

I'll check into that soon after I address some footer changes later.

▮ iT Lead Administrator

Offline  CrancK
Rocketeer

ehh... what?
dude...
where did the post thread button go? i can't find it?!?!?

(i obviously did find a reply button, but the post thread button should be in the same position somewhere, right?)

Pages: [1] 2
« previous next »

spirit Powered by SMF 2.0 RC5 | SMF © 2006–2011, Simple Machines LLC