Forums

Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: Jump Volcanic - Final  (Read 3892 times)
Offline  Drexen
Rocketeer

So yeah... its finaly done.

Theres now 19 jumps with an additional 4 hidden bonus jumps for demoman, see if you can find them. Lots of fixes to the original 19 jumps, polish of detailing, additional bonus jumps, minigames, tweaked lighting and overall improvement is what you can expect in the final version of jump volcanic.

Thanks to bob +M|M+ for making the normal jumps, Mr. Happy for doing some detailing and everybody who has helped test the map.

Download link: http://www.mediafire.com/?5stxr75x76r3xnp

and heres some images:

Fly

dorp
Pro pictures.

Offline  X_DIAS
Rocketman

The world is a cube
osom :D

Offline  Hadokk
Rocketeer

Bball Server Filler Upper
Okay
gj :)

Offline  tordana
Rocketeer

My only complaint with this map (other than it being too dark like all of your maps) is the difficulty cliff of the last jump. The entire map up through 18 is pretty easy (speaking as demo), then 19 is just ridiculous.

---------------------------

Offline  Drexen
Rocketeer

@tordana

no way its too dark now, and nah, 18 now is quite tricky thats its fixed, and jump 19 is just a single air pogo if you learn to strafe :P

Offline  tordana
Rocketeer

@tordana

no way its too dark now, and nah, 18 now is quite tricky thats its fixed, and jump 19 is just a single air pogo if you learn to strafe :P

I did 18 in like 3 tries yesterday. Maybe I'm doing it using a method you didn't intend... I start with one sticky on the ground, airpogo through the hole with a second sticky, start surfing on the angled ramp. While surfing I throw two stickies on the first platform past the door and use them to finish the jump.

Also I'm useless at strafing would be why. lol

The jump that really pwns me with the darkness is actually the end of the jump where you strafe around two corners and hit a button on a side wall to drop through a trapdoor. Once you land it's pitch black. The extra stuff you added there helps a little bit from beta but it's still annoying to not be able to see the floor/walls IMO.

Offline  Drexen
Rocketeer

its dark there on purpose lol

Offline  House
Fly

A Doctor
I think I've given my thoughts already, but yeah, very nice. Jumps are pretty simple (even the bonuses, despite being a lot harder than the core jumps, lol), but fun. The map is pretty fun to play and it looks really nice. Props to bob for making the core of the map very enjoyable. The secrets are pretty cool, I liked the whole secret tele thing where you had to search for them. I thought that was very unique. Overall, looks nice, plays nice, nice work Drexy and to bob, too.

I'll beat b4 one day.

Offline  NaF
Maggot

oblivious
Bump.
When i try to open this map tf2 stops responding. Any idea how to fix that?

some will spend a lifetime trying to find a reason

Offline  Drexen
Rocketeer

Tried load it and it works fine for me...

maybe try redownloading it, or idk, maybe try lowering your graphics settings. meh, maybe not enough ram, idk?

Offline  X_DIAS
Rocketman

The world is a cube
It happens to me too, and i already told you that when it was released
Never played the final version

Offline  Kelao
Maggot

The crashing issue can be caused by displacements using powers of 4.

Fix is simply to downscale them to powers of 3.

Offline  Drexen
Rocketeer

Volcanic has only a few power 4 displacements, also I can't see any reason why this would cause a problem, especailly seeing as only a few people seem to have this problem whereas I can run it perfectly... The best explanation I can come up with is maybe some people don't have enough RAM for the large amount of content, considering I use about 2-3GB ontop of the base load of tf2 when running volcanic.

Offline  X_DIAS
Rocketman

The world is a cube
Idk about NaF, but i am running tf2 with dxlevel 80, and maybe is because of that it crashes with this much amount of content

Pages: [1] 2
« previous next »

spirit Powered by SMF 2.0 RC5 | SMF © 2006–2011, Simple Machines LLC