Forums

Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Aperture Science - Spherical Testing  (Read 1271 times)
Offline  Drexen
Rocketeer

Something a little different, started messing around with the portal 2 authoring tools and started creating a new puzzle type game. (still an early version)

Aperture Science - Spherical Testing

Offline  Raiin
Soldier

Kangaroo-izzle
Apparently, I'm a robot.
Pretty cool but there are a few games specifically made for this sort of thing. Seems like puzzles would be pretty simple as the ball though unless you had to use a bounce system that wasn't going to set itself up because you pressed a button.

In all the idea seems too static, there is no complex way of achieving your objective. The portals in the game itself made it more dynamic but as the ball i doubt you could effectively use the portal gun without setting it up using buttons and triggers in hammer which would then make it static again.

Perhaps as a side goal in a puzzle, normal first person play through a puzzle and a small ball puzzle would be part of it, getting the ball onto a button at the end to activate something for the first person play, perhaps even swapping in and out of the ball to make portals so the ball can continue. If any of that made sense...I tend to ramble and describe things poorly.

---------------------------

Offline  Gizm0
Maggot

Good work. It reminds me of Spectraball
Spectraball Trailer Small | Large

Offline  uaa
Maggot

More like Kula World ;)

Kula World Gameplay [PSX] Small | Large

Offline  Wolsk
Rocketeer

i love you
Damn, I still want Spectraball. D:

klanana:  I DID NOT EAT THE CAT
dellort: This mod is pretty cool, just wish the devs would fix the bug that allows MIKE to play on it.

Offline  Drexen
Rocketeer

looks like i'll be updating the thread on this site about development of this, if you still want to follow > http://forums.thinkingwithportals.com/mapping-help/spherical-testing-t4660.html

Offline  Drexen
Rocketeer

For those who are interested, spherical testing is now being developed into a portal 2 mod, and is nearing half way through development! As always, all development info is being posted here: http://www.moddb.com/mods/spherical-testing

Offline  Wolsk
Rocketeer

i love you
jesus take my money

klanana:  I DID NOT EAT THE CAT
dellort: This mod is pretty cool, just wish the devs would fix the bug that allows MIKE to play on it.

Soldier

cool concept. reminds me of marble madness and a few other puzzle games of that style.

monkey ball!!!

Pages: [1]
« previous next »

spirit Powered by SMF 2.0 RC5 | SMF © 2006–2011, Simple Machines LLC