Forums

Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Engi Jump Videos  (Read 1596 times)
Offline  Diddy
Rocketeer

A topic for all things engi.  Might become more of these in the future so why not make a whole thread for them. 

My first one: Jump_Soar

Jump_soar_a3 (as engi) HD

---------------------------
some people just shouldnt be aloud to have internet accesss

Offline  Wolsk
Rocketeer

i love you
jump_littleman_v3 (Engineer) Small | Large

jump_rush (Engineer) Small | Large

jump_bob_fixed (Engineer) Small | Large

klanana:  I DID NOT EAT THE CAT
dellort: This mod is pretty cool, just wish the devs would fix the bug that allows MIKE to play on it.

Offline  Kelao
Maggot

Super-cool teleporting every 3 seconds. Back in my days, teleporters took care of that, not plugins.

Offline  Diddy
Rocketeer

What?

Offline  Wolsk
Rocketeer

i love you
Super-cool teleporting every 3 seconds. Back in my days, teleporters took care of that, not plugins.
Teleporters are completely disabled on Jump IT, and littleman is the only map where I did that.  Some of the jumps would be stupidly hard if I had to use teleporters.

dellort: This mod is pretty cool, just wish the devs would fix the bug that allows MIKE to play on it.

Fly

Engie Jump Expert
Love everything about this, very cool to see interest in engie jumping.  Teleporting is really handy for making a video, else some would be lengthy and boreing lol.  Worried about posting my video due to sound issues with wax, and my hack job at...well hacking them up to cut out the fails.  Gonna watch what's already posted, maybe I just post them unedited...can speed run a fair number of maps now so uncut might not be too terrible.

I like my coffee black, just like my metal.

Offline  Diddy
Rocketeer

Well I prefer not to use teles unless it's unbeatable without them, and even then only using ones that are absolutely necessary to beat it.  On the part of my video on jump 15 I used quite a few extra teles I could have gone without, I was just so sick of destroying the wrong fucking building over and over and having to restart that I didn't even care anymore. 

It would have been much easier to record if I had done it without unnecessary fails as well, because instead of having to keep checking on it all the time making sure I am recording the right parts, I could just start recording once, let it get to the end of the jump, then stop.  Instead of having to stop, record, stop, record, over and over.  Otherwise I would end up with 50000 frames to compile in Vudb which would take for fucking ever to finish compiling/take up at least 125 gigs of space in tgas.

Fly

Engie Jump Expert
I might try it like that diddy, I've been recording the whole map then cutting that up into however many files, then pretty much pasteing those together...sounds easier to just make the harder jumps their own recording.

Fly

Engie Jump Expert
Hate to see the topic die so I'm going to have to start actually making videos to post I guess.

Offline  Diddy
Rocketeer

No it's not really dead, just no one makes engi videos, thus there is no reason to use this thread all the time.  If people make an engi video they would probably post it here, just no one does make them so it won't be active most of the time.  The forums aren't exactly something like reddit where there are thousands of posts every day and most threads end up vanishing to the back and never to be seen again.  It's no where even close to as popular as it would need to be for that to happen.

Fly

Engie Jump Expert
TF2 Engineer Jump Tutorial Small | Large

Spoiler: Jump Orange (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Jump Ayers2 A8 (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Jump Pure (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Jump Cheval (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: October 12, 2011, 07:14:54 AM by Just Tommy »

Offline  Wolsk
Rocketeer

i love you
Nice vidyas, Tommy.

Fly

Engie Jump Expert
Thanks Wolsky, cheval's bonus jump is doable I'm sure you know lol...but I've had such a hard time cutting cheval videos for some reason (took a while to find programs that worked well for me lol) and when I finally finished and put it up I then saw the cutoff and pretty much said screw it.

Can't believe people found the tutorial before I posted it here, started the upload last night before heading to bed (about 8 hours ago), and it took around 1.5 hours to upload...made my morning

Rocketman

Engineer Jumping - jump_4starters_a9

Reposting this here so that it's now in an appropriate thread, and adding my next:

Engineer Trickjumping - jump_tholos

This should probably be a much better length as to not completely bore people.

Rocketman

Engineer speedrun - jump_rook_beta [3:39.43]

Pages: [1]
« previous next »

spirit Powered by SMF 2.0 RC5 | SMF © 2006–2011, Simple Machines LLC