Forums

Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Soldier Youtube Tuts  (Read 4222 times)
Soldier

In no particular order...

TF2 rocket jumping: the ultimate tf2 rocket jumping tutorial I HD
Small | Large

TF2 Rocket Jumping 101: Part One
Small | Large

TF2 Rocket Jumping 101 Part 2 (1/2)
Small | Large

TF2 Rocket Jumping 101 Part 2 (2/2)
Small | Large

TF2 Rocket Jumping Tutorial: The 3 Techniques
Small | Large

Team Fortress 2 Rocket Jump And Wall Jump Tutorial
Small | Large

Offline  mixup
Maggot

Lol @ the first video in this section. I applaud him for taking the time and effort to make the video. I just think a few of the things in there are a little off. Rise of the triad as the first game to do rocket jumping lol... i played that game when it first came out and it has nothing really to do with the kind of rocket jumping that we all know and love.

Secondly the first part about rocket jumping, you don't always need to and have to hold down crouch. Some jumps require that you don't do a strong/high rocket jump or you will get too much speed and elevation. Next, the wall rocket jump part, that is the total wrong way to do a wall rocket jump. You never wanna do any jumps where you start off going backwards. That's probably the way you do it if you're a super noob and just starting out. But if I teach someone I dont like to teach them the wrong way.

Offline  Diddy
Rocketeer

Rise of Triad was the very first game to include the ability to jump much farther than normally by jumping and firing a rocket.  That is indeed considered a rocket jump ;)

---------------------------
some people just shouldnt be aloud to have internet accesss

Offline  mixup
Maggot

Rise of Triad was the very first game to include the ability to jump much farther than normally by jumping and firing a rocket.  That is indeed considered a rocket jump ;)

Yes that is true. But it has no relation to trick jumping lol. The first type of trick rocket jumping was introduced in 1996 with Quake 1 Team Fortress. He made no reference to that and went straight to quake 3 after that. Truly someone who doesn't know his history too well.

Offline  Diddy
Rocketeer

Yes, he said "since then rocket jumping has improved and advanced in several games... but has found it's perfection in Quake 3 and Team Fortress 2"  The first half of that sentance is a reference to all of the quakes and TF's and whatever other games had it that I can't think of right now. it just does not go into specific detail as to what games they exactly are.  Really was no need to specify what game actually had the first form of "trickjumping", as that's still just advancing upon the concept created from rise of triad. 

---------------------------
some people just shouldnt be aloud to have internet accesss

Offline  Huh?
Maggot

So many people confused about wall jumping part. He sure doesn't jump starting backwards ,he is just showing how to aim a rocket, and does it like that to be more understandable to beginners.

And he does say at the very beginning , don't jump backwards, always face the landing zone
« Last Edit: September 23, 2011, 06:52:39 AM by Huh? »

Pages: [1]
« previous next »

spirit Powered by SMF 2.0 RC5 | SMF © 2006–2011, Simple Machines LLC