Forums

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 9
Author Topic: Me Made a Map  (Read 17470 times)
Maggot

harhar, after working hard for several days, i may now humbly present to you 4starters_a8
for the link pls look at the first post again

laters

Gonna need to try and finish course D when I get the chance  :D

I spent a little bit on it before going to bed (I'll admit, I noclipped to a few jumps because they looked cool as shit) doing what I could, and noticed a few things about some of the jumps in D.

Apologies for steamshots, didn't really feel like uploading somewhere. I'll try not to spoil jumps in the descriptions.

1: http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561197977447137/screenshot/451722154152204077

You can stand on top of this doorway, then just fall towards the goal and skip with one rocket. Eliminates the challenge.

2: http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561197977447137/screenshot/451722154152212928/?

You can use ramp physics to completely stop on this, then just aim well and push off to the end.  I find the hardest part of the jump to be getting the best angle and speed round that corner, which stopping here cuts.

3: http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561197977447137/screenshot/451722154152220819/?

Not completely sure if un-intended, but you can be slightly off the white wall and still use it to keep upward momentum, sort of like that one on course 2 of beef.  Again though, that may be how you want it, I'm not sure.

7a: http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561197977447137/screenshot/451722154152293132/?

Are these walls supposed to be usable for final bits of speed, or should it all be done in one triple?

7b: http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561197977447137/screenshot/451722154152313623/?

Same as the ramp on D2, you can use ramp physics to just stop here and quickly gain speed to get to the end.

thanks for that

about the ramps: its not really intended, but there is no way to work around it without making the jumps insanely hard - ill try evaluating if its too easy too cheat over time i guess

the tripple: i know you can push off the walls, but i don't intend to change that, because again, it would make the jump reeeaaaally awkward for everyone trying to do it normally too - as long as its really hard to do by just jumping up there i think im okay with it

on 2 aiming on the wall was intended, whoever tries to catch this  - own fault xD
the distance is just stupid for a consistent catch

the doorway on 1 you are right with, kinda stupid i didn't see this coming, must've been blind there :P
so thanks for pointing it out, ill see to get it fixed in the next release.

alright... thanks for the feedback, and keep it coming :)

Offline  EXC0
Maggot

Found a major glitch, should put a wall below the D hidden course to prevent me from ctapping up to the wall. Also you can jump off the second plat, fire a second rocket, then fall and do a double to the intel.

first one is the double
second one is the ctap to wall.

not sure if the demos could help you much

Offline  Wolsk
Rocketeer

i love you
This map is so good.

---------------------------

klanana:  I DID NOT EAT THE CAT
dellort: This mod is pretty cool, just wish the devs would fix the bug that allows MIKE to play on it.

Offline  tordana
Rocketeer

Can somebody explain for the stupid people (aka me) how to open the door to D? I played through the new version yesterday and couldn't figure it out.

Also... course B is the first cap point and the round ends when you cap it. That seems unintentional on both counts.

Rocketman

Can somebody explain for the stupid people (aka me) how to open the door to D? I played through the new version yesterday and couldn't figure it out.

Also... course B is the first cap point and the round ends when you cap it. That seems unintentional on both counts.

You need to hit the switches in each of the bonus rooms from courses A B and C. 

Locations of the jumps:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Offline  EXC0
Maggot

D secret is on the red ramp surf. Also the exit portal to it is broken.

Offline  Swi1ch
Maggot

well... on a related note: i thought about putting brief descriptions on each jump of a and b - on c you should be good enough to figure something out on your own

Instead of cluttering the map with text, could you include a .txt with the map download?

I'm now stuck again xD

After the water jump in B, there's what looks like a wall jump into wall climb/double rocket jump. I make the wall jump over and start my climb quickly before the floor respawns me, but don't get the reload when I touch the floor again for my double rocket jump.

I also tried what i've seen in a few videos and tried to clear the hallway in three rockets, then aiming the fourth rocket at the base of the wall and trying to double jump with that, but i'm not sure if that's actually possible.

The jump after that (I got frustrated and used noclip) has two red slopes in it. I ended up just jumping from the starting position and then jumping off each slope and air strafing around. Is that the correct way to do it?

Rocketeer

I also tried what i've seen in a few videos and tried to clear the hallway in three rockets, then aiming the fourth rocket at the base of the wall and trying to double jump with that, but i'm not sure if that's actually possible.
That is the intended way or even use four rockets to clear the hall and then double it, you get ammo right before you get to the platform. Blind girl marked it where you get ammo.

The jump after that (I got frustrated and used noclip) has two red slopes in it. I ended up just jumping from the starting position and then jumping off each slope and air strafing around. Is that the correct way to do it?
Correct.

Rocketman

To clarify: You can see a small strip on the wall where the regen actually hits (or at least could in A5, don't recall in A8)

So either use 4 rockets with tons of height before that point, or use 3 and fire a 4th with the intent to double.

Offline  Swi1ch
Maggot

Wow ok, I can't even get close to clearing the jump with only three rockets yet.

Edit.

Nevermind, made the jump, and only using three rockets to cross the gap. :)
« Last Edit: February 27, 2012, 08:16:10 AM by Swi1ch »

Offline  tordana
Rocketeer

Managed to do D 1-8 (cheating a little on a few of them...), stuck on 9 now. Fun course.

Maggot

Managed to do D 1-8 (cheating a little on a few of them...), stuck on 9 now. Fun course.

thanks - though: i got a lot of negative feedback, so i kinda majorly revamped some of the jumps and tweaked a bit on everything else...

new release should be out as soon as it is approved by my trusted testers xD

Maggot

alright, a9 is up and running

as always to be found in the huge text block of a first post

Offline  Klanana
Rocketman

iT! Servers Owner
Team Spec Extraordinaire
You WOULD release an update the day after my big map update post on the homepage! Uploaded to jump it just now GO PLAY!

Jump iT - 64.74.97.15:27015 | JuJump iT - 74.91.113.66:27015 | Surf iT - 216.52.143.76:27015
Bball iT - 74.91.113.9:27015 | MGE iT - 74.91.122.39:27015

Maggot

You WOULD release an update the day after my big map update post on the homepage! Uploaded to jump it just now GO PLAY!

i am honestly very totally sorry...
but i couldn't have rushed it any more than that without still having major problems and reworking plans - kinda tested and played around till the last second with this - didn't want another a8... honestly, this was the most complained about update ever for me ;)

--- and the most rushed and unfinished... so i kinda understand...
« Last Edit: March 04, 2012, 08:01:39 AM by Blind Girl »

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 9
« previous next »

spirit Powered by SMF 2.0 RC5 | SMF © 2006–2011, Simple Machines LLC